Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, I just got my hand slapped at work.

Boss (the owner) gave me permission 2 years ago to perform a duty. Head Beancounter (VP Finance) just said I wasn't allowed to do this duty...:dunno:

I'll let him do it in the future. This was a job I was doing because nobody else was doing it and it has to be done quickly when needed. So, the next time this is needed I'll send it to the Beancounter then complain to the Boss 2x a day when it isn't completed in time.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Boss (the owner) gave me permission 2 years ago to perform a duty. Head Beancounter (VP Finance) just said I wasn't allowed to do this duty...:dunno:

I'll let him do it in the future. This was a job I was doing because nobody else was doing it and it has to be done quickly when needed. So, the next time this is needed I'll send it to the Beancounter then complain to the Boss 2x a day when it isn't completed in time.
    Make sure the boss knows that the beancounter wants to do it that way. Communication!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I would likely get in trouble on something like that. I would send the beancounter an email cc:ed to the owner, apologizing for overstepping by assuming the owner had the authority to give you that task and assuming him you would never assume the owner had any authority in the future without hearing from the beancounter on the subject. I can be a smartass at times...

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I would likely get in trouble on something like that. I would send the beancounter an email cc:ed to the owner, apologizing for overstepping by assuming the owner had the authority to give you that task and assuming him you would never assume the owner had any authority in the future without hearing from the beancounter on the subject. I can be a smartass at times...
    And I like it! Sounds like something I would do. Hello Expat.

And hello Frenchie.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I need a raise. Other CNC operator calls me on m y time off asking me to troubleshoot a problem with his machine. :ugh:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    When ever another department heads wants me to do something I don't agree with I get it in n email then forward it to my boss.

Great idea...This isn't a duty I really wanted to do, but again, did it because nobody else was and the Boss said do it.

Beancounter doesn't understand I think that we are contractually obligated to answer this customer within 48 hours or there will be fines...I'll push them at Corporate to complete the task, while CYA emails will be sent. After a fine or 2 for noncompliance we will see if he feels the same way.

I'll let him do it, this isn't something worth getting into a pissing match over, I just see problems in the future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom