mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yeah, he sells ice cream shop franchises.

This is not something I would have thought to involve international travel.

I guess I have my nephew on my mind. He is preparing to be deployed again, but I'm not sure exactly when or where. He posted on FB that they had scheduled a pre-deployment trip to Disney with the kids but didn't say when he was leaving or where he was being sent. I'll have to talk to my sister and get the details. He and his wife met while they were both in Afghanistan about 5 years ago.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is not something I would have thought to involve international travel.

I guess I have my nephew on my mind. He is preparing to be deployed again, but I'm not sure exactly when or where. He posted on FB that they had scheduled a pre-deployment trip to Disney with the kids but didn't say when he was leaving or where he was being sent. I'll have to talk to my sister and get the details. He and his wife met while they were both in Afghanistan about 5 years ago.
    I have to say that I'm glad he isn't. I'm not used to being on this side of a deployment and I don't think I would like it very much.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have to say that I'm glad he isn't. I'm not used to being on this side of a deployment and I don't think I would like it very much.

When he was there before, it was for a year. It was pretty stressful not knowing if he was safe at times. We all looked forward to his emails and FB posts when he was able to communicate with us. We were certainly more aware of news stories regarding Marines killed there.

I worry about my son somewhat, but he is not in a war zone so not really any more than I did when he lived in Indy. That was not a good neighborhood.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When he was there before, it was for a year. It was pretty stressful not knowing if he was safe at times. We all looked forward to his emails and FB posts when he was able to communicate with us. We were certainly more aware of news stories regarding Marines killed there.

I worry about my son somewhat, but he is not in a war zone so not really any more than I did when he lived in Indy. That was not a good neighborhood.
    Yeah, worrying sucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom