mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Guess I will go see if the mail got here yet. Fresh air might be good...then I'll have to get started on that turkey pot pie pretty soon.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi guys. Mail was less than exciting. I did get a nickel in some religious mailing though so that is a profit I guess.

Got a letter about the hog operation going in half mile from the back of our property...oh boy. Nothing we can do to stop it so I just hope the guys putting it in are really going to do all the things they have said they will to minimize the impact as much as possible. People do seem to like their bacon, and it has to come from somewhere.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Hi guys. Mail was less than exciting. I did get a nickel in some religious mailing though so that is a profit I guess.

Got a letter about the hog operation going in half mile from the back of our property...oh boy. Nothing we can do to stop it so I just hope the guys putting it in are really going to do all the things they have said they will to minimize the impact as much as possible. People do seem to like their bacon, and it has to come from somewhere.
    Hopefully your down wind? :dunno: How many head again?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hopefully your down wind? :dunno: How many head again?

Just under 5,000 and it will be southwest of our house. I am hopeful that we have enough trees to help deflect/buffer the smell. They are putting it as far back off of the road as is physically possible and won't be composting any dead animals on site. They have a contract for a rendering facility to pick them up from an offsite composting area. They are being very open in talking to the neighbors and seem very willing to do anything in their power to minimize the impact. We live in a very rural/agricultural area so not much we can really do about it. I'm not thrilled but I am estimating the barns will be about a mile from our house/yard. Manure will be pumped and spread only in the fall when the crops are off of the field so we would have the windows closed at that point and wouldn't be working in the yard where we will smell it as badly. I am trying to stay positive on this. Hubby's first reaction was that we were packing up and moving. I have too much **** to pack. :laugh:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Just under 5,000 and it will be southwest of our house. I am hopeful that we have enough trees to help deflect/buffer the smell. They are putting it as far back off of the road as is physically possible and won't be composting any dead animals on site. They have a contract for a rendering facility to pick them up from an offsite composting area. They are being very open in talking to the neighbors and seem very willing to do anything in their power to minimize the impact. We live in a very rural/agricultural area so not much we can really do about it. I'm not thrilled but I am estimating the barns will be about a mile from our house/yard. Manure will be pumped and spread only in the fall when the crops are off of the field so we would have the windows closed at that point and wouldn't be working in the yard where we will smell it as badly. I am trying to stay positive on this. Hubby's first reaction was that we were packing up and moving. I have too much **** to pack. :laugh:
    I couldn't see that doing that at my age. The moving that is.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom