Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm reading about it, it's complicate. :faint:

As a third-country national he has less otpion than someone with a EU citizenship traveling to another EU country.

Yeah...I don't understand it. I haven't had a chance to chat with him much in the past week or so. I guess if he gets deported, he will be home for the holidays. :-)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah...I don't understand it. I haven't had a chance to chat with him much in the past week or so. I guess if he gets deported, he will be home for the holidays. :-)

I'm sure he will love it, you get VIP treatment too and they drive you straight to the plan. :):

He could have to pay a fine as well from what I'm reading.And get banned from entering the EU for up to 5 years, if he stays over his 90 days limit.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm sure he will love it, you get VIP treatment too and they drive you straight to the plan. :):

He could have to pay a fine as well from what I'm reading.And get banned from entering the EU for up to 5 years, if he stays over his 90 days limit.

Well, he would NOT like that. Yikes. I may have to try to catch him online in the morning and see how long before he leaves there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I need to get off of here too. Neighbor has another appt tomorrow. I'm hoping the ortho clears her for physical therapy when we see him tomorrow. We are going to be busy for a while between PT and iron treatments and other appointments.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, he would NOT like that. Yikes. I may have to try to catch him online in the morning and see how long before he leaves there.

I read that the fine can be up to several hundreds of dollars for overstaying even for a day.
    Also he can't leave the Schengen area and get back it to get another 90 days.
    He has only 90 days in a 180 days period, so he would have to stay out of the EU for 3 months before he can come back.
    And they might not allow him to get back if they notice he spent over 90 days the first time.
    I would suggest he contacts the nearest US embassy ASAP.

He might also be able to apply to a visa to stay more, some countries might require him to leave and come back with a visa though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I read that the fine can be up to several hundreds of dollars for overstaying even for a day.
    Also he can't leave the Schengen area and get back it to get another 90 days.
    He has only 90 days in a 180 days period, so he would have to stay out of the EU for 3 months before he can come back.
    And they might not allow him to get back if they notice he spent over 90 days the first time.
    I would suggest he contacts the nearest US embassy ASAP.

He might also be able to apply to a visa to stay more, some countries might require him to leave and come back with a visa though.

He knew about the 90 days on and 90 days off thing so he had plans to be somewhere else but got detained at one of the places he stayed. I was wondering if contacting thee Embassy was something he should be doing. I'll message him. Thanks

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He knew about the 90 days on and 90 days off thing so he had plans to be somewhere else but got detained at one of the places he stayed. I was wondering if contacting thee Embassy was something he should be doing. I'll message him. Thanks

I read a bunch of things and couldn't find an easy solution for him, if he really got over the 90 days of if he's close to it.
    I'm sure the embassy deal with that all the time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I read a bunch of things and couldn't find an easy solution for him, if he really got over the 90 days of if he's close to it.
    I'm sure the embassy deal with that all the time.

I sent him a message but according to FB, he hasn't been online for 6 hours. I know he was having wifi issues the other day so our chat was really brief. He hasn't been posting as much on his blog due to spotty wifi coverage as well.

I am off for the night. Thanks again French dude. I hope he doesn't have any trouble over this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom