Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One of my nieces isn't to happy. Posted some **** about Trump being a racist, homophobe, sexist....I asked her if she was ok with a liar, someone who wants to shred the constitution, doesn't care about service members and ambassadors, thumbs her nose at the justice system....

Still haven't heard back from her.

Oh, they want to shred the Constitution. They call it an outdated document. Funny that they want the protections. The just don't like it when it works against their aims. Forgetting that it protects them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep, the US president is not that powerful anyway.
    Obama couldn't close Quantanamo bay in 8 years, even though it's a freaking US base and he's the commander in chief.
    He couldn't do his anti-gun stuff either.
    He can't declare war without the approval of Congress either.

Apparently, they know less about the government that a French citizen does.
    But remember, they want a KING, that can do what they want. Forgetting that a KING can do what they DON'T want.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh, they want to shred the Constitution. They call it an outdated document. Funny that they want the protections. The just don't like it when it works against their aims. Forgetting that it protects them.

Sounds like my niece. First thing I read on FB...she is now in fear for her life when walking down the street with her friends, etc. I knew she was wayyyyyyy over on the lib side, but college has certainly brainwashed her.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Apparently, they know less about the government that a French citizen does.
    But remember, they want a KING, that can do what they want. Forgetting that a KING can do what they DON'T want.

Yeah, they have no problem with the president using executive orders to do things they approve (like anti-gun stuff), but as soon as it's used for something they don't approve they find that power "scary".:rolleyes:

Our president has way more power than the US president (including declaring war all by himself and having access to the third most powerful nuclear arsenal in the world).

But nobody gets scared in the US or even in France when there is an election.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Well some parts of the constitution are made to be changed, either by adding or removing amendments.
    Just not the Bill of Rights.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You get it Sylvain...
    But you would be shocked at the number of people your age who do not get it......Shocked...

I heard many people say amendments are maent to be repealed and changed, that's true.
    That's how the prohibition was ended, by changing the amendment that made it illegal.
    But they think that all emendments are the same and should be changed as easily.
    There's a reason why the first 10 are called the Bill of Rights, you don't mess with those.

An amendment about the sell of alcohol is not as important as one on free speech or the right to bear arms.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    (including declaring war all by himself and having access to the third most powerful nuclear arsenal in the world).

Really. Third powerful. I wouldn't have guessed France would have the 3rd most powerful nuke supply what with their past problems of holding onto their rifles without dropping them...:p

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I heard many people say amendments are maent to be repealed and changed, that's true.
    That's how the prohibition was ended, by changing the amendment that made it illegal.
    But they think that all emendments are the same and should be changed as easily.
    There's a reason why the first 10 are called the Bill of Rights, you don't mess with those.

An amendment about the sell of alcohol is not as important as one on free speech or the right to bear arms.
    I have to say Mr. Sylvain, you know your stuff and I applaud you for that. Also, thank you for taking the time to learn it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom