mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I saw that. Don't see deer like that around here. He'd been shot last year. :(

I offer them refuge here. and corn...they get corn and can drink from the water tank that I keep filled for them since we have no pond/stream for them. I think they know they are safe here. It's nice to see the herd rebounding. Last year, I was seeing so many small ones that it is nice to see some that have more size to them again. Too many were hunting our immediate area over the past few years.

The turkey flock is really coming back too.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I offer them refuge here. and corn...they get corn and can drink from the water tank that I keep filled for them since we have no pond/stream for them. I think they know they are safe here. It's nice to see the herd rebounding. Last year, I was seeing so many small ones that it is nice to see some that have more size to them again. Too many were hunting our immediate area over the past few years.

The turkey flock is really coming back too.

That's great news! I like to hunt, but I also like to see a healthy herd.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's great news! I like to hunt, but I also like to see a healthy herd.

I don't like to hunt, but I understand the importance of it. I love to sit and watch. Moms pictures are so awesome

I have nothing against hunting. I just like to see things stay in balance.

I have one little one that has been here the past couple of weeks with the doe. It had to be born quite late in the season. It's spots are gone, but it is really small. It looks healthy but is so much smaller than the others. I have several button bucks visiting daily. The fawn that looked so sickly earlier in the year looks like it is growing but needs culled. Antlers are very spindly and one side is two or three spindly points and a tiny spike on the other side. He looks silly. He looks pot bellied like he is wormy.

The bigger bucks are all bulking up for rut...necks are swollen. I keep eyeing those roasts and reminding myself there is no room in the freezer. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom