• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Speaking of golf and benefits and the like, I played in one this summer for the humane society. They paid out the first 3 places and everyone donated the money to the humane society. They gave out hole prizes and one guy that won closest to the pin or longest putt didn't want to give the money back. He was there with his young daughter. I was thinking what a great example you are teaching her, *******. He must have thought about it because he donated it as the dinner was winding down.

Anything that I have ever won at a fundraiser golf outing goes right back to the organization.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Speaking of golf and benefits and the like, I played in one this summer for the humane society. They paid out the first 3 places and everyone donated the money to the humane society. They gave out hole prizes and one guy that won closest to the pin or longest putt didn't want to give the money back. He was there with his young daughter. I was thinking what a great example you are teaching her, *******. He must have thought about it because he donated it as the dinner was winding down.

Anything that I have ever won at a fundraiser golf outing goes right back to the organization.

The team and individual winners kept their prizes. The club donated those. We had plenty of money from the other stuff. We raffle off a wheelbarrow full of bottles of booze, about $7-800 worth...that's always the big money maker

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The team and individual winners kept their prizes. The club donated those. We had plenty of money from the other stuff. We raffle off a wheelbarrow full of bottles of booze, about $7-800 worth...that's always the big money maker
    I still wouldn't feel right keeping it.

The 2 fund raisers I play in are paid for by a local businessman. I will donate whatever it would have cost me to play. It only seems right...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom