Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Okay, this is funny. As my Wife says often, everything eventually come back in style....

My youngest is a Freshman at UIndy. One of the items on her Christmas wish list is a turntable.....I guess vinyl LPs are a big deal on campus..

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have a kick ass Kenwood stereo system in my dining room, she is trying talk me into letting her have it***,I bought it in the late 80's or early 90's....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a lot of Craftsmen tools but they are all over 20 years old and still serve me very well.
    I also have Mac Snap On and some Matco.
    Yeah, i have all the SAE stuff from the 80's when I got married and started the family. Added metric as I had to but decided to get the complete wrench set... made in china. Never needed a torque wrench before. Snap On and Match are so expensive for a guy that might never use it more than 4 or 5 times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, i have all the SAE stuff from the 80's when I got married and started the family. Added metric as I had to but decided to get the complete wrench set... made in china. Never needed a torque wrench before. Snap On and Match are so expensive for a guy that might never use it more than 4 or 5 times.

True on the expense but we use my tools near every day on something.
    So many engines (auto/bike/race breeds on both) have come out of my little shop over the years.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    LOL, not sure why but some things I find funny. A guy at one of the 1911 forums posted about his new DW Razorback having galling and even looks like a chunk broke off the frame. All the DW fans are telling him he should have stoned down the edges on the slide and frame before shooting it, or putting lapping compound on it and working the slide back and forth a few hundred times. But then they all add how great a pistol he has and it will all be worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom