Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Cyanide laced brownies??

I really am TRYING! But now that you bring this idea to my attention...hmmmm....

Actually, I bought some Firefighter fleece fabric and planned to make a blanket for them with a crocheted border. Now, I'm thinking about cutting squares with the different designs out of the fleece and crocheting around those and mixing those completed squares with some that are all crocheted. If I make it big enough for the bed, I would have to use two panels and connect them in the middle so I think the various squares would work better. Something like this idea I found today.

7779c077d3d84875afca31f0f8ce7044.jpg

Instead of the photo squares, it would be the fleece pieces with a crocheted border to make them go together with the crocheted squares better. I hope that made sense. Of course, now I will need to order some coordinating yarn colors. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really am TRYING! But now that you bring this idea to my attention...hmmmm....

Actually, I bought some Firefighter fleece fabric and planned to make a blanket for them with a crocheted border. Now, I'm thinking about cutting squares with the different designs out of the fleece and crocheting around those and mixing those completed squares with some that are all crocheted. If I make it big enough for the bed, I would have to use two panels and connect them in the middle so I think the various squares would work better. Something like this idea I found today.

View attachment 50328

Instead of the photo squares, it would be the fleece pieces with a crocheted border to make them go together with the crocheted squares better. I hope that made sense. Of course, now I will need to order some coordinating yarn colors. :):

The spouse did something similar last winter.
    She gathered all the cute "T" shirts the twins had outgrown and the daughter saved them. You know..."Daddys" girl. I love my Pa-Pa kind of thing.
    She cut them up and made blankets for each of them with their shirts. Made one for the daughter as well. They were most cool but she near wore out her sewing machine doing them.....:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would rather crochet than sew. I saw this idea and my plan changed. I think it will use less fabric overall and make a neater looking blanket. I'm not telling my daughter I am doing this since it will be for both of them. This also makes the pieces more manageable to work with if I take them with me to work on when I go to appointments with the neighbor and such.

I may work on assembling the finished squares at the neighbor's apartment where my daughter won't see it. She and the other residents always like to see what I am working on. The farm baby blanket I finished last week was a big hit over there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom