• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    They are supposed to come out and fix my refrigerator tomorrow. I really think it is a failed installation instead of a problem with the actual refrigerator. We shall see.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They are supposed to come out and fix my refrigerator tomorrow. I really think it is a failed installation instead of a problem with the actual refrigerator. We shall see.

We stopped at an appliance store yesterday to see what they had. I asked the owner, what is the brand you get the most complaints/service calls on. His immediate answer was Samsung.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    We stopped at an appliance store yesterday to see what they had. I asked the owner, what is the brand you get the most complaints/service calls on. His immediate answer was Samsung.

I bet there is some correlation to how many of each brand he sells also though. I bet he sells more samsung than others, but that may also only be one of many factors with regards to why Samsung has the most service calls.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think I am making swiss steak for supper. Need to go get something going soon so it will be done for dinner. Hubby left for fishing before I left this morning. No reports on how many he has caught, if any.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

Awesome!!

I asked the sales guy at HH Gregg the same thing and he said they were really all about the same. Who knows. I'm sure mine will be garbage.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I bet there is some correlation to how many of each brand he sells also though. I bet he sells more samsung than others, but that may also only be one of many factors with regards to why Samsung has the most service calls.

He said he tries to talk people out of them because he has had so many repairs on them. Warranty repairs don't make him any money. He certainly wasn't trying to steer us in that direction.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We opted for something that was pretty basic...no water through the door or any of that. It is a bottom freezer/single door unit. It has an icemaker but I would have been okay without one.

I hear the truck...the fisherman has returned. BBL

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    He said he tries to talk people out of them because he has had so many repairs on them. Warranty repairs don't make him any money. He certainly wasn't trying to steer us in that direction.

I would figure that he would at least be able to bill labor and parts to whomever the warranty is held by. Unless he is offering his own warranty. Most major box stores have their warranty stuff held by a different company, who usually will get billed by the techs for parts and labor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom