Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning Mom45.....

What ya making today?? I'm hungry....

It depends on if we are going shopping for a new refrigerator since he had me cancel the one I ordered. He got a $200 off coupon in his Sears Mastercard bill yesterday and thinks we can get a better one for the same price. It is only good online, but he wants to go to the stores to pick one out and see it before we buy. If we stay home, I have apples sitting here so probably pie.

I haven't decided what sounds good for dinner. We had a chuck roast last night with new potatoes, corn and some fresh tomatoes...with sourdough bread that I baked yesterday.

Hungrier now? :):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I was just going to come pick up a sample to take back to our lab, then go to the lunch meeting at 1130. The material isn't on site yet "on the way" and apparently they didn't order enough food for everyone for the meeting. Boo...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was just going to come pick up a sample to take back to our lab, then go to the lunch meeting at 1130. The material isn't on site yet "on the way" and apparently they didn't order enough food for everyone for the meeting. Boo...
    Raise hell!! You're somebody dammit! You deserve, nay, you are ENTITLED to respect!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That looks good Chez....I thought I had kilt it with food talk.

What brand refrigerator do you guys recommend? Hubby was going to avoid Kenomore because he thinks 18 years is not enough time out of the last one...the old Whirlpool in the basement is 10 years older and still going. I just found online where Whirlpool makes Kenmore...so I guess those are basically the same.

The LG has good reviews online.

I already saw CM's comments (and others seem to agree) about the Samsung...avoiding that.

We are looking for a cheaper one as it has to be no more than 33" wide. I'm leaning toward the bottom freezer and don't really care if it has an ice maker as we don't have one now and it isn't an issue.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

What brand refrigerator do you guys recommend? Hubby was going to avoid Kenomore because he thinks 18 years is not enough time out of the last one...the old Whirlpool in the basement is 10 years older and still going. I just found online where Whirlpool makes Kenmore...so I guess those are basically the same.

I already saw CM's comments (and others seem to agree) about the Samsung...avoiding that.

We are looking for a cheaper one as it has to be no more than 33" wide. I'm leaning toward the bottom freezer and don't really care if it has an ice maker as we don't have one now and it isn't an issue.

I just had a Samsung delivered last week. It is massive. Samsung seemed to have pretty good reviews online. I know CM has had a bad experience with his but I am sure you find bad experiences for every single model out there.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Seems to be one of those "they don't make them like they used too" things. New stuff has way more switches and boards to go bad than the old stuff did.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just had a Samsung delivered last week. It is massive. Samsung seemed to have pretty good reviews online. I know CM has had a bad experience with his but I am sure you find bad experiences for every single model out there.

I agree...they all have some negatives in the reviews, but Samsung seems to have more legitimate complaints regarding electronic/computer stuff going out that is expensive to fix. Most of the others seem to be related more to how noisy they are, how the shelves are arranged...nitpicky things that I can live with if I can find one that works well in my price range. I don't need fancy. I just need to keep things cold and it is just the two of us so I don't need huge. I have another refrigerator in the basement for the beverages and extra stuff, and the old clunky one is going out to the garage where it can be plugged in and used if needed to thaw a turkey or hold extra stuff if we are having a cookout big family party or something.

Seems to be one of those "they don't make them like they used too" things. New stuff has way more switches and boards to go bad than the old stuff did.

I agree...I think that applies to all appliances and electronics. TV's used to last forever too. Now, it seems like a couple of years is about average for some of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom