mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Currently eating a Honeycrisp apple the size of a toddler head.

I really need to see if there are any of these to pick. Tomorrow, I need to check the trees and get me some apples. Might even have to make a pie.

Evening folks. I see several have left already.

Refrigerator ordered. Picked up hoses for the new washer. Bag says...washers included....no washers. :dunno:

Refrigerator estimated to be in stock October 15th. I hope the clunky one holds out till then.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really need to see if there are any of these to pick. Tomorrow, I need to check the trees and get me some apples. Might even have to make a pie.

Evening folks. I see several have left already.

Refrigerator ordered. Picked up hoses for the new washer. Bag says...washers included....no washers. :dunno:

Refrigerator estimated to be in stock October 15th. I hope the clunky one holds out till then.

Bags lie.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    About 4 hours ago the spouse tells me the kitchen sink is stopped up.
    We have the corner dual sink and the cabinet it sets in has tiny doors and my fat butt has serious issues doing anything under there.
    Well, the snake on a drill motor did not clear it so out comes the stove and the hole saw/sawzall are applied. I am deep into the wall and cutting out the pipes that I installed there in 1996 or so when my buddy owned the house.
    Off to the hardware store 1st thing in the morning for "Stuff"

PEX if you can. That stuff is awesome and super easy to work with. Every chance I get I'm pulling out the old CPVC and running PEX.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Bags lie.

Obviously

Been on the phone with a neighbor....she is very upset. This event is taking place across the road from her house. MANY people attended today and it appears this is set to continue through Sunday. Maghreb Association of North America - MANA

I love how the web site asks that the farm address not be shared. I think it may need to go viral....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    PEX if you can. That stuff is awesome and super easy to work with. Every chance I get I'm pulling out the old CPVC and running PEX.

1 1/2" PVC drain to the main stand pipe.
    Every inch of copper was replaced in the house at the same time I did the drains.
    Spouse has a habit of running the disposal and not running the water long enough to clear the drain line. House was built in 1958 and the drains run dead nuts level. No fall. No Garbage munchers in the days it was built so pretty mush just soapy water to deal with. No room to generate any fall between the sink and the standpipe either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviously

Been on the phone with a neighbor....she is very upset. This event is taking place across the road from her house. MANY people attended today and it appears this is set to continue through Sunday. Maghreb Association of North America - MANA

I love how the web site asks that the farm address not be shared. I think it may need to go viral....

OK....what I read did not seem like something I want coming close to us or am I missing something.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Obviously

I don't understand that website :dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    OK....what I read did not seem like something I want coming close to us or am I missing something.

Large event where animals will be slaughtered daily. I am not against religious celebrations, but this seems like a huge health risk based on the photos and knowing what I know about the location where it is being held. The usual "events" at that location include cockfighting and racing ponies...no port-a-pots provided...five gallon buckets get used and dumped on the neighbor's properties.....it gets nasty. I can't imagine this event will be any cleaner so to be butchering LOTS of sheep and goats daily seems like it could be a serious problem. And then you bring this group into an area where the KKK is still active and not exactly secretive about their beliefs....this could get ugly and I understand why the neighbors are so concerned. It is too close to me for comfort too. Just over a mile away.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Large event where animals will be slaughtered daily. I am not against religious celebrations, but this seems like a huge health risk based on the photos and knowing what I know about the location where it is being held. The usual "events" at that location include cockfighting and racing ponies...no port-a-pots provided...five gallon buckets get used and dumped on the neighbor's properties.....it gets nasty. I can't imagine this event will be any cleaner so to be butchering LOTS of sheep and goats daily seems like it could be a serious problem. And then you bring this group into an area where the KKK is still active and not exactly secretive about their beliefs....this could get ugly and I understand why the neighbors are so concerned. It is too close to me for comfort too. Just over a mile away.

That sounds like nothing I want anything to do with

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That sounds like nothing I want anything to do with

I have a very bad feeling about this. Why anyone thought this was a good area to attempt something like this is beyond me. The request to not reveal the address on the site is telling.

This is a location the county sheriff's department has often avoided in the past...I have had some tell me they are afraid to go there. I'll be curious to see how our new sheriff handles this. So far, dispatchers have dismissed the neighbors' concern saying that no laws are being broken. I'm checking to see if any special event laws apply. I guess I'll make a few calls in the morning to see what info I can get for the neighbor that called me. She raises goats and I think she is afraid that some may end up missing.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm having trouble with my computer clock again.
    I was really hungry earlier but judging by the time I head eaten not too long ago, actually the clock was more than 2 hours behind ... :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom