mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Other than the misfortune that your son is experiencing, how are you doing mom?

I'm hanging in there and doing my best to focus on other things than his trip. I'm enjoying the photos and updates he has shared so far. Lost a good friend on Friday and had family reunion yesterday so lots of other things to deal with and focus on.

Well if he posted that he fell in the river, it means his phone survived the trip down the river ... no? :dunno:

I would assume so. Unless he called to let her know from a friends phone after the incident.

This was the last update he posted on his FB page that we set up for the trip. He hasn't been online since he posted it. He does have a tablet with him as well so should be ale to post online with that when he has wifi available. He has his new camera that takes the 360 degree pics and his digital camera with him as well so I am assuming he wasn't carrying those when he fell in the water.

Sooo... fell in a river yesterday when wading through to climb a mountain and now my phone's jacked. AND my backup phone isn't being accepted by sprint. So that's great.
    That being said, it was still an amazing day. I woke up in a tent next to a lake full of icebergs, saw tons of insane places and landscapes that felt like they belonged on another planet, climbed a mountain barefoot (after falling in the river; my shoes were drying) and drove through easily >30 rivers.
    As frustrating as the bad things were, going on this trip is without a doubt the best decision I've ever made.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had the carcass from the chicken I roasted in the refrigerator so I made chicken soup for supper. Made bread to go with it. I picked the garden and made another gallon and a half of refrigerator dills. Did cheeseburgers on the grill for lunch.

Need to do some other stuff, but got online to find the neighbor's funeral arrangements and haven't moved.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Reunions are always good to see people you haven't seen in a while. I am sorry to hear about your friend, its never easy to lose people we care about, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thanks. She was a good friend to us. My kids called her grandma, and my daughter is taking this particularly hard. My son was not as close to her, but is aware she has passed. My daughter and I did get to spend some time with her at the hospital last week so at least we got to say our goodbyes. It was a little bit of surprise though as when we last saw her, they were discussing the possibility of taking her to rehab a day or two later. She took a turn for the worse and didn't make it there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My Hoosier lady friend liked my cooking, she thought it was weird to put eggs on pizza ... but she loved it.

No eggs on this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom