mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The neighbor's hip surgery went well and was over and she was back in her room a few minutes before I got to the hospital. She has a small incision and three screws...doctor said if you are going to break your hip, this is the way to do it! They had injected some lidocaine into the area during the procedure and she still had no other pain meds when I left at 5. I went back to her apartment to get a few things she needed so her daughter could stay with her and did her dishes, made the bed, took out the trash...just did some tidying up in general. I went back with her things and stayed until her daughter was ready to go home for her vehicle. She and her husband had driven together this morning and he had to leave with her car so I offered to take her home for it. They only live a couple of miles from us so it was a no brainer.

Her son and his wife are flying in tomorrow. She will have to leave on Wednesday but he is going to stay all week. She will probably be released on Monday to rehab, which should be able to happen at the nursing home that is on the same property as her apartment. We are hoping that won't be a very long stay and she will be able to get back into her apartment fairly quickly as that is a concern to her that they may try to keep her in the nursing home.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The neighbor's hip surgery went well and was over and she was back in her room a few minutes before I got to the hospital. She has a small incision and three screws...doctor said if you are going to break your hip, this is the way to do it! They had injected some lidocaine into the area during the procedure and she still had no other pain meds when I left at 5. I went back to her apartment to get a few things she needed so her daughter could stay with her and did her dishes, made the bed, took out the trash...just did some tidying up in general. I went back with her things and stayed until her daughter was ready to go home for her vehicle. She and her husband had driven together this morning and he had to leave with her car so I offered to take her home for it. They only live a couple of miles from us so it was a no brainer.

Her son and his wife are flying in tomorrow. She will have to leave on Wednesday but he is going to stay all week. She will probably be released on Monday to rehab, which should be able to happen at the nursing home that is on the same property as her apartment. We are hoping that won't be a very long stay and she will be able to get back into her apartment fairly quickly as that is a concern to her that they may try to keep her in the nursing home.

I'm worn out just reading it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm just so relieved it was not worse. Her worst fear is being stuck in the nursing home and losing her apartment.

It sounds like her recovery should be relatively short. I am praying that they are right.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I need to go close up the garage for the night. Deer are all over the back yard.

I guess I am just going to do it and see if they even care that I am outside. They have been up by the house eating my hostas again so maybe a stern word is in order.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom