Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Busy day today. Daughter and SiL have a funeral for his grandpa, so we have the three Indians coming this morning.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I can remember people going out to their cars over lunch and smoking other ****...

:+1: Yep, it was no secret what they were doing. You couldn't get away with the in the HS parking lot, but there was a diner just 2 or 3 doors down. The stoners would walk down there at lunchtime and meet behind the dumpsters.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Did I ever tell my HS smoking story??

When I was in 7th & 8th grades, the Jr High shared a building and the gym with the HS. Jr high on the east side, Sr high on west side with the gym in the middle.

Smoking in the restrooms had become a problem and the Principal came up with an idea to solve it.

One afternoon there was a surprise convocation in the gym, mandatory that all students and teachers attend.

When everyone was there, he announced that he had caught 9-10 students smoking in the boys room again. It WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. The students were given the option of a 5 day suspension or the following punishment.

Then, the curtain on the stage opened after his speech. Lined up in a row with their faces out towards the student body were the 9-10 guys that were smoking, with a teacher and a paddle standing behind each one. It wasn't their first offence.

After a moment to allow it all to sink in, he ordered the boys to bend over and the teacher behind gave them gave them a whack on cue. They got 5 or 10 whacks, but when it was over 1/2 the boys were crying.

After that, we never had an issue with smoking inside the school again.

I can't imagine the uproar if that happened today.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom