Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Got a tree guy coming over to give us an estimate, and then BF is coming over to help with some stuff at the house and to take Mom out for her birthday dinner.

You? How is the neck feeling now?

Still sore, but better now...It "popped" earlier this week when I picked something up. Then, like a dumbass I went to Minnesota without filling the pain med bottle in my suitcase....Didn't get a lot of sleep a couple of nights...:noway:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Laundry lurk. Trying to figure out what to pull out of the freezer for dinner. Nothing sounds good.

:coffee::coffee:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby called me outside. I got these bench/chair frames from the neighbor lady's old house. Her granddaughter and her husband that bought the house were going to throw them out as they wood was rotted away. We had a bunch of ash wood in the barn from hubby's old house (from his trees he had made into timbers when he built his house) so he sealed it good and redid the seats. Sanded the frames and painted them. Turned out BEAUTIFUL!

I helped him put them where we wanted them to go and then we sat out and enjoyed a cup of coffee.

This one is by the door for morning visits with the kitties. :)

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Hubby called me outside. I got these bench/chair frames from the neighbor lady's old house. Her granddaughter and her husband that bought the house were going to throw them out as they wood was rotted away. We had a bunch of ash wood in the barn from hubby's old house (from his trees he had made into timbers when he built his house) so he sealed it good and redid the seats. Sanded the frames and painted them. Turned out BEAUTIFUL!

I helped him put them where we wanted them to go and then we sat out and enjoyed a cup of coffee.

This one is by the door for morning visits with the kitties. :)

Very cool, mom! Your husband does awesome work.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks guys. I really wish I had taken before pictures because they were in awful shape. They had been setting outside for at least 30 years and were falling apart. I am thrilled with how well they turned out and you can tell these are the cheap made in china crap we have seen in all the stores for big $$. This stuff is all so heavy it takes two people to move...even the chairs.

Cowboy beans are simmering, pasta salad is chilling, strawberries and peaches are thawing...I really should not dig that deep in the freezer when I don't know what I want. I tend to dig out lots of stuff. I'm thinking I need to start doing smoothies again. There is literally bushels of fruit in that freezer.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Tell your husband that the chairs and bench look great!

Thanks Greg.

He is out changing oil and greasing my truck and suburban now. He said the truck is ready to fly so I guess that means the big blue bus is next.

I guess I will go weed the asparagus patch if the deer will let me. Every time I look out the window, there are more in the back yard. There were four turkeys out there a bit ago strutting around. They must know we aren't hunting them and my yard is a safe zone. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks Greg.

He is out changing oil and greasing my truck and suburban now. He said the truck is ready to fly so I guess that means the big blue bus is next.

I guess I will go weed the asparagus patch if the deer will let me. Every time I look out the window, there are more in the back yard. There were four turkeys out there a bit ago strutting around. They must know we aren't hunting them and my yard is a safe zone. :)

I agree, nice job on that furniture.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom