• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    How far back is the barrel ported, and does it need sub sonic ammo?

I've never taken it apart, it hasn't seen the light of day since we moved and I probably haven't used it for over 20 years, it makes the gun really nose heavy.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Kent and I went back to the Automag days, he was a good friend. His place up near Huntington was a treasure house of guns.
    From biochemist to becoming the leading expert on all things automatic is quite the resume! It sounded like he followed his passion.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    From biochemist to becoming the leading expert on all things automatic is quite the resume! It sounded like he followed his passion.

He was a really energetic guy, always pushing guns to the limit. We bought, sold and traded a lot of guns.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've never taken it apart, it hasn't seen the light of day since we moved and I probably haven't used it for over 20 years, it makes the gun really nose heavy.
    I'll bet it does having another barrel in there. It's probably pretty quiet I would imagine.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    He was a really energetic guy, always pushing guns to the limit. We bought, sold and traded a lot of guns.
    When you said the name, it rang a bell. I read about this kind of stuff to much, and I'm sure I've seen his name before.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't think there was an NFA item from any era that Kent hadn't shot and taken apart. Outside of a museum, he had the only Chauchat machine gun I've ever seen. An early WW1 French issue to US troops.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I don't think there was an NFA item from any era that Kent hadn't shot and taken apart. Outside of a museum, he had the only Chauchat machine gun I've ever seen. An early WW1 French issue to US troops.
    And he probably got it to run reliably. Lol. I've seen a few for sale on Subguns lately for not bad money considering it's probably the first man portable auto. Very historic even if they weren't very reliable.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Very cool piece Leadeye, do you still have any??

Have two left, the one in the picture, and one of the special order guns that Lee Jurras had made for his company Super-Vel in Shelbyville. It's the only one made for a left handed person.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom