mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son is stressing me out. He has been planning to move to Portland this summer. Now, he is talking about selling or giving away all of his stuff other than his motorcycle, his vehicle, his tools...stuff he can put in storage...and traveling for a few months. He is too much of a free spirit for this mom to handle. He wants to travel and focus on his art. I may be totally gray really soon at this rate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son is stressing me out. He has been planning to move to Portland this summer. Now, he is talking about selling or giving away all of his stuff other than his motorcycle, his vehicle, his tools...stuff he can put in storage...and traveling for a few months. He is too much of a free spirit for this mom to handle. He wants to travel and focus on his art. I may be totally gray really soon at this rate.

Think back Mom.......:)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't know if quitting your job and leaving everything behind to travel for a few months and then go to Europe for another couple of months when you really don't have a lot of money saved up is being all grown up. I think he is in a manic phase or something.:bash:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No...I just can't do it! LOL! He did apologize for stressing me out and told me he knew he could count on me for blunt honesty. :)

In 1970 I bought my 1st Harley. Might have been late 69. It was in boxes. I put it together emulating the captain america bike from "Easy Rider"............same look just with out the chrome and paint.
    I took leave of the regular world and left out one morning not to return for 6 months or so. It was a journey into the real world. Memories/flash backs/some legal issues and all.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He wanted to know if we would take his cat. I told him no. I think he was a little surprised, but we have agreed that we are not taking any more cats here. The dander bothers hubby. He is pretty sure he knows someone who will take her and then he can get her back when he is done with his big adventure. He has no idea what he is going to do when he returns and this is done but says he doesn't want to work in the pharmacy anymore. I have always been one of those people who have to have a plan, and he is the opposite. It makes me nuts. This is why God gave us alcohol I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He wanted to know if we would take his cat. I told him no. I think he was a little surprised, but we have agreed that we are not taking any more cats here. The dander bothers hubby. He is pretty sure he knows someone who will take her and then he can get her back when he is done with his big adventure. He has no idea what he is going to do when he returns and this is done but says he doesn't want to work in the pharmacy anymore. I have always been one of those people who have to have a plan, and he is the opposite. It makes me nuts. This is why God gave us alcohol I guess.

I was pretty hard on my parents but they really did deserve it.....:)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was pretty hard on my parents but they really did deserve it.....:)

I don't think I deserve some of the stress he causes me. A part of me is maybe a little jealous that he is comfortable even considering these adventures. I could never picture myself just going off and traveling like he is proposing. It scare me though because our world is just not a safe place...especially with ISIS and the events that happen overseas on a daily basis.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

I'm a little of both, I want a home and security, but I also get the urge to have adventures and push the limits sometimes. This is nowhere near the same, but when I was 19, I got married, and my then-husband and I moved to Louisiana to stay with friends who said we would be able to find good jobs in the oil field. At one point, there were 3 couples, a toddler and a newborn (not mine) in a duplex, with barely enough to eat, and rarely any jobs. Things did not work as planned, but it really was a good experience for the most part. I'm sure my parents were worried, especially when I wrote them a letter that I spent my last $2 on food for one of the couples' baby. I did grow up a lot, and turned out to be more responsible than I probably would have staying around my folks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm a little of both, I want a home and security, but I also get the urge to have adventures and push the limits sometimes. This is nowhere near the same, but when I was 19, I got married, and my then-husband and I moved to Louisiana to stay with friends who said we would be able to find good jobs in the oil field. At one point, there were 3 couples, a toddler and a newborn (not mine) in a duplex, with barely enough to eat, and rarely any jobs. Things did not work as planned, but it really was a good experience for the most part. I'm sure my parents were worried, especially when I wrote them a letter that I spent my last $2 on food for one of the couples' baby. I did grow up a lot, and turned out to be more responsible than I probably would have staying around my folks.

He's already had some tough life lessons. I told him if he does this and runs out of money, he is not to call me for help...I am not going to bail him out if his plan fails. He knows I mean it. I know he has skills and can land on his feet. I also know he tends to be too trusting of strangers and that could endanger him. His dad was bipolar and I often see traits in him that lead me to believe he is heading down that path. That worries me. They get grandiose ideas and then crash.

I have to just keep reminding myself that he is an adult now and I can offer my thoughts, but his decisions are his and he has to own them when they don't work out as he thought they would.

I am glad my daughter and I are going to the greenhouse when she gets off work today. I need some dirt therapy I think!

I guess I should get a few things done around here before she calls me. She gets done at work in about a half an hour.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    He's already had some tough life lessons. I told him if he does this and runs out of money, he is not to call me for help...I am not going to bail him out if his plan fails. He knows I mean it. I know he has skills and can land on his feet. I also know he tends to be too trusting of strangers and that could endanger him. His dad was bipolar and I often see traits in him that lead me to believe he is heading down that path. That worries me. They get grandiose ideas and then crash.

I have to just keep reminding myself that he is an adult now and I can offer my thoughts, but his decisions are his and he has to own them when they don't work out as he thought they would.

I am glad my daughter and I are going to the greenhouse when she gets off work today. I need some dirt therapy I think!

I guess I should get a few things done around here before she calls me. She gets done at work in about a half an hour.

Oh...I do understand about the bipolar thing. They often get more manic in the springtime, too.
    My daughter and I haven't been to the greenhouse yet this year, we usually go for the open house, it is 20% off then, but the weather was way too crappy that day! Have fun!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh...I do understand about the bipolar thing. They often get more manic in the springtime, too.
    My daughter and I haven't been to the greenhouse yet this year, we usually go for the open house, it is 20% off then, but the weather was way too crappy that day! Have fun!

Thanks for listening to me. I appreciate the support. We have survived everything with him so far, so I hope that trend continues.

Thursday is 10% off at our greenhouse we go to if you pay cash. So...I am making a list of what I want to get. I have lots of pots that need some flowers in them and garden plants to get. I have a few perennials on the list to fill in spots in the beds and maybe some groundcover plants.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom