mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I want to do stuff outside, but it is not very warm here. I just went out and adjusted cameras and put the last one up in front of the house. Fresh batteries in all of them. I was thinking about working in the flower beds, but it is going to be in the 20's again tonight so I probably shouldn't uncover any more stuff. Too cold to plant the rest of the bulbs that are in the root cellar. So....I guess I will crochet and watch something on Netflix. Hubby says we are eating up some of the leftovers for supper so I don't need to cook. I may bake some cookies or something. I am bored.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    I want to do stuff outside, but it is not very warm here. I just went out and adjusted cameras and put the last one up in front of the house. Fresh batteries in all of them. I was thinking about working in the flower beds, but it is going to be in the 20's again tonight so I probably shouldn't uncover any more stuff. Too cold to plant the rest of the bulbs that are in the root cellar. So....I guess I will crochet and watch something on Netflix. Hubby says we are eating up some of the leftovers for supper so I don't need to cook. I may bake some cookies or something. I am bored.

Cookies?! My wife and I have started a new diet because her Dr thinks she has a auto-immune diesase called Hashimoto's thryroiditis, where in the cells attack the thyroid. It supposedly can be helped with diet and medication. So we are now gluten, aspartame, sugar, soy, & dairy free for the past few days. I actually feel pretty good and have lost about 7lbs. Gonna miss sweets though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Cookies?! My wife and I have started a new diet because her Dr thinks she has a auto-immune diesase called Hashimoto's thryroiditis, where in the cells attack the thyroid. It supposedly can be helped with diet and medication. So we are now gluten, aspartame, sugar, soy, & dairy free for the past few days. I actually feel pretty good and have lost about 7lbs. Gonna miss sweets though.

Going gluten free would not work in our house...we both love bread too much! I usually use the high gluten flour because it makes a good, chewy bread....almost like eating a good bagel. I guess I should go do something. My husband told me not to have more fun than when he is here with me.

This third pot of coffee has me a bit wired. I bought some new kinds of beans to try and the breakfast blend I used today seems a bit stronger/higher caffeine. I can't wait to try the "fog blend"...that one is a really dark roasted bean.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    She is also giving up all caffeine, I however will continue to drink coffee, just plain black coffee, which I don't mind. I'll just explore lots of different types of coffees from local roasters.

I usually order my coffee beans online from ccmcoffee.com The last time we were at Bailey's Discount Center up here, they had all sorts of beans. I bought three different ones to try. I think I got about 15 pounds worth. I'm trying each of them out to see what I like best so I can stop and get some more of the ones we like before they are out of them.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Going gluten free would not work in our house...we both love bread too much! I usually use the high gluten flour because it makes a good, chewy bread....almost like eating a good bagel. I guess I should go do something. My husband told me not to have more fun than when he is here with me.

This third pot of coffee has me a bit wired. I bought some new kinds of beans to try and the breakfast blend I used today seems a bit stronger/higher caffeine. I can't wait to try the "fog blend"...that one is a really dark roasted bean.

My wife loves bread too, it just doesn't love her apparently. I am okay without most breads, I like a good bagel every once in a while, or a soft pretzel. But for the most part, my carbs are pizza and beer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom