Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Howdy Chock...You may or may not know this, but I will ask.

I have a 6x6 plastic lumber timber. I need to router a mortice into the timber in 2 places 1" deep x 5.5" wide. At the end of the timber I need to drill 2ea 1/2" holes all the way though it vertically.

That sounds like it's within the capabilities of a 3axis CNC?? Or will I need a 5 axis set up??
    3 will work. You could do it with a hand router. By vertically, you mean thru the timber, not end to end. A drill with a long bit will get that done.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    3 will work. You could do it with a hand router. By vertically, you mean thru the timber, not end to end. A drill with a long bit will get that done.

Yeah, we could do it by hand, but there will be several hundred identical pieces. Yes, through the 5 1/2" thickness of the timber

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Yeah, we could do it by hand, but there will be several hundred identical pieces. Yes, through the 5 1/2" thickness of the timber
    Ok. I thought this was for you personally. :ugh: A 2.75 fly cutter would work great. It would have to be done in multiple passes, due to heat from the cutting tool. If you need tight corners, you can finish them out with 1/8 thru 1/2 " radius.

I just got home from Pittsburgh, so I am doing wonderful......Now I just need to shower and get the Pittsburgh stick off of me....
    You can't wash the stink off of Pittsburgh.

hey ct2!!!!......great seein' you too!!!!
    Things are greening up! You know what that means.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    We have the back 3/4 of a building for our Mfg plant east of Pittsburgh. The front 1/4 of the building is a medical waste processing facility....Our plant really does stink....I mean it...

i know what you mean......i worked in a place called "Griffin"....it is a aminal rendering company......dead wagon company...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Ok. I thought this was for you personally. :ugh: A 2.75 fly cutter would work great. It would have to be done in multiple passes, due to heat from the cutting tool. If you need tight corners, you can finish them out with 1/8 thru 1/2 " radius.

You can't wash the stink off of Pittsburgh.

Things are greening up! You know what that means.

yep time to hunt roomys!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom