mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hmmm. Are you starting a home for wayward boats? I may know a guy...

Nite Greg

Our "old" boat is a flat bottom plastic boat that is great for small lakes and places with no boat ramp. We haul it in the bed of the truck and hubby can handle it on his own when he wants to fish and I can't go with. I saw the "new" boat on FB for sale right before Christmas. It is a 14' Lund with a 25 hp outboard. We got the boat with the outboard, trolling motor, anchors, gas tank, and lots of other things thrown in for $800 total. They had stored it outside with no cover so he ripped out the plywood and put in new flooring and carpeting, mounted swivel seats in it for both of us, went through the motor and put in new seals/gaskets, bearings, etc. The fish finder that was with it was a fairly basic model and he wants something better. He can get a pretty good one with the new CHIRP technology and the topo maps preloaded for under $500 but now thinks he needs side view in addition to the down view that is standard on them.

I think we will need the smaller boat to haul all of the tackle at the rate we are going here. I think we have each gotten at least two new poles since Christmas and we didn't need any more poles.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    I worked at a sporting goods store once upon a time, I brought home more tackle than I could use in about 4 years. I've got rods that have seen water 3-4 times at most. It's a sickness, we know it, but we still like it. Every time I go in a store now, I still look at rods and reels, I haven't fished in close to 5 years.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I worked at a sporting goods store once upon a time, I brought home more tackle than I could use in about 4 years. I've got rods that have seen water 3-4 times at most. It's a sickness, we know it, but we still like it. Every time I go in a store now, I still look at rods and reels, I haven't fished in close to 5 years.

I enjoy fishing almost as much as he does I think. I just can't sit in the boat that much. I get stiff and can't move when I sit too long. I'm sure the guys in the fishing section get a good chuckle over listening to us when we shop. He's all technical and I'm saying to buy things that are pretty colors or "cute" or I just start tossing stuff in the basket saying "you need this".

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Snap

Cats are lining up to go outside so I guess that is my hint...time for bed. I have been dealing with some insomnia the last couple of nights myself so I am hoping I sleep better tonight. Oops...they just went out so I guess I am out too.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight, Snap!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom