mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Act. Just about ready to call it a night here. Figured I'd pop in and see who was left before shutting down the laptop.

Hubby was complaining about feeling neglected so I have been trying to spend a bit more time watching shows with him in the evening. The new recliner is pretty comfortable so I've not minded hanging out in it.

I need to switch laundry loads and put out a couple of cats before I call it a night.

We ran into a friend from the legion in Walkerton last night. It sounds like all of the officers quit except one due to so many conflicts about how to do things, etc. Some good guys just walked away. I know they put in a LOT of time there and were committed to making it work so things must have been pretty bad for them to resign from their offices, etc.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hi Act. Just about ready to call it a night here. Figured I'd pop in and see who was left before shutting down the laptop.

Hubby was complaining about feeling neglected so I have been trying to spend a bit more time watching shows with him in the evening. The new recliner is pretty comfortable so I've not minded hanging out in it.

I need to switch laundry loads and put out a couple of cats before I call it a night.

We ran into a friend from the legion in Walkerton last night. It sounds like all of the officers quit except one due to so many conflicts about how to do things, etc. Some good guys just walked away. I know they put in a LOT of time there and were committed to making it work so things must have been pretty bad for them to resign from their offices, etc.

It can be hard when guy/gals have all these ideas about how you should be doing the job, but won't do the job themselves.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It can be hard when guy/gals have all these ideas about how you should be doing the job, but won't do the job themselves.

It's sad. They are worried about what will happen but realize it is out of their control. I think all clubs tend to have their issues. The garden club is going through the same thing. Nobody wants to be an officer and expects others to just step up and do it. The ones that don't want to be an officer are the ones that are constantly suggestion more and more projects, but then they don't have time to help with them. I have stepped back quite a bit since my time got eaten up helping my parents last summer and don't plan to volunteer too much this year until I see how dad continues to do. I only joined because I thought it might be fun. I am already getting tired of a few doing the work and everyone else bragging about how they are members of the club and then not helping with a single project.

Oh well...better get some sleep. Have a good night!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Been up since freakin 3:15.......Popped a pill and tried to go back to sleep, it just wasn't happening.....:noway:

Local store opened at 4:00, so I got up, went and bought some coffee and I guess I am starting my day...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom