Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was supposed to go to St Louis today for a meeting tomorrow. At least last night, they were calling for 3-5" of snow there...Think I will wait a week or two for that meeting.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I was supposed to go to St Louis today for a meeting tomorrow. At least last night, they were calling for 3-5" of snow there...Think I will wait a week or two for that meeting.
    That's probably a good call. 70 gets ugly with much snow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is bone chilling cold outside.
    We are finishing an A/C install today.
    Not the best weather to finish up an outside unit but daddy needs to get paid and move on.....:)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Oh for sure. This building is by the tracks and the Hawk (wind) rolls through there pretty regular.
    Manny will be breaking the wind for me today.....:)

Manny is a good dude...

And Good on you for taking the time to teach him the trade.....Lot's of folks don't like going to the effort to teaching noobies...:yesway:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am off guys

I need to get the boy to school

He has a sore throat this morning but is still getting ready, never once asked to stay home. I guess that's what a girl does for ya, you go to school sick!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Manny is a good dude...

And Good on you for taking the time to teach him the trade.....Lot's of folks don't like going to the effort to teaching noobies...:yesway:

He is a willing learner.
    He really is up to the task and enjoys having the extra revenue. He has not had to pay us any rent or cell bill's in 3 months through his extra efforts.
    He is working towards #4 right now.......:)

I like sharing what I have learned but finding an eager recipient has been tough. Manny is the guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Hawk Is Upon Us is an old Chicago term.

Yes sir. I have used that term forever.
    Was up on the tallest building in Indy working on the condensing towers for the HVAC system. They cycle all winter. The wind was dead south. Brittle cold. The fella working with me was dying and I said "The Hawk gonna getcha" and he just looked confused.
    When that cold wind out of Canada skims lake Michigan and hits you dead in the face 55 story's up it is just hard to withstand.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    He is a willing learner.
    He really is up to the task and enjoys having the extra revenue. He has not had to pay us any rent or cell bill's in 3 months through his extra efforts.

I like sharing what I have learned but finding an eager recipient has been tough. Manny is the guy.

HVAC is hard work.....Not too many youngins like hard work anymore.....Everyone wants to work inside at 72 degrees year round, then *****es because they can't make any money.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He is a willing learner.

The mirror is looking back at you. Throughout history, the prevailing tradition was for a father to teach a son his trade, and I would say that a good motivated son in law is close enough. While I learned a lot from my dad, he, well, was not cut out to be an effective teacher and before it was all said and done, I had to finish out my learning from someone else. You have to have the right stuff in your heart to teach!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom