mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a hard time getting rid of any of my guns. I was actually considering talking to my dad to see if he has any he would consider selling to me if he and mom decide they "need" to sell any. I believe they may have put his old rifle in an auction to get some cash for some of his medical bills. They were talking about it but they didn't say today when I was there if they had. My daughter was with me so I didn't bring it up...didn't want to talk finances with her sitting there. They don't like to take money from us kids for their expenses and the guns have always been an investment for when they needed money later in life...that is now. I would rather see us kids buy some of them than to have his collection sold off to strangers. I don't think he has any semi-autos. He has always been a revolver and long gun shooter.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I can't afford to be a collector any more. It was fine when I was making decent money. Now I need to have reliable guns that will help me defend myself (and a few pretty pieces that I can't part with, like my nickel model 36 with the dragon grips).

dragon36right_zps87b64b91.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I can't afford to be a collector any more. It was fine when I was making decent money. Now I need to have reliable guns that will help me defend myself (and a few pretty pieces that I can't part with, like my nickel model 36 with the dragon grips).

dragon36right_zps87b64b91.jpg

That one is just too pretty to part with!

Anything my dad has would definitely be a shooter. Anything he collects, he shoots. Even his old rifle from the 1800's. Maude was shot regularly. Guys at the range used to tell him they wouldn't shoot it and that he was hurting the value by doing so. He disagreed and kept it cleaned and in great condition.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am no collector. I acquire, sell, trade and advance the level of quality in my safe.
    It has worked well for me and a lot if my friends end up with guns from the house of Mouse. Then I get to build/Modify new pieces and my friends relieve me of those and the cycle continues.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Anything I "collect" would be for shooting. I am not interested in relics, but guns that can be used as they were intended. I just figure my money isn't exactly earning any interest sitting in the bank or an investment account and if the currency system ever fails, guns will have far more value than cash. If I can help out my parents and make a wise investment in the process, it seems like a good way to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good to hear! I forgot what you ended up getting her?

I started her off with the GSG 1911 clone in .22 LR just to break the Ice.
    I have 2 CZ's with her name on them......A P-07 Duty and a P-09.
    I had the Phantom with me and she stepped up to that pretty well.
    BA had her on a Rami and another CZ. We were very pleased. She had a great time and wants to go again.

There went my "Man" time.......:):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Anything I "collect" would be for shooting. I am not interested in relics, but guns that can be used as they were intended. I just figure my money isn't exactly earning any interest sitting in the bank or an investment account and if the currency system ever fails, guns will have far more value than cash. If I can help out my parents and make a wise investment in the process, it seems like a good way to go.
    I hear you too about them being a good investment. I just need to liquidate right now, unfortunately.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I wanted to do this for my dad but he went full on Butt head and sold them off at a terrible loss. Hate to say it but he was good at biting off his nose to spite his face.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hear you too about them being a good investment. I just need to liquidate right now, unfortunately.

I understand.

I guess I should go to bed so I can be up in time to get the neighbor to her hair appointment. Today was busy again between helping her this morning and then taking my daughter to visit my parents this afternoon.

Night guys

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I wanted to do this for my dad but he went full on Butt head and sold them off at a terrible loss. Hate to say it but he was good at biting off his nose to spite his face.

I may have to use care when approaching them with this suggestion. I know dad doesn't really want to sell any of his guns, but I may just toss out there that if they need to sell others, please contact me first. I know he wants my brother to end up with his guns and reloading supplies/equipment...whatever isn't sold before they pass, but this might allow less to be sold off outside of the family at least. I think they would be agreeable to it.

Night again...I'm out. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom