The Official Status Update Thread: Part 145 - Happy Thanksgiving INGO!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I think $350 is a good price for the .45??? I see the .40 cal Police Trade ins going for the same price. Plus, since its a FTF sale with a relative, no sales tax or transfer fee....

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Plus, I sold the dining room/back door quick grab gun, I'm in the market for a inexpensive handgun....

That Taurus G2 I sold worked fine for me, but the trigger sucked... It was okay for what I was using it for, but not something I would want to shoot often.....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Plus, I sold the dining room/back door quick grab gun, I'm in the market for a inexpensive handgun....

That Taurus G2 I sold worked fine for me, but the trigger sucked... It was okay for what I was using it for, but not something I would want to shoot often.....

That .45 would be perfect for that job.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think $350 is a good price for the .45??? I see the .40 cal Police Trade ins going for the same price. Plus, since its a FTF sale with a relative, no sales tax or transfer fee....

$350 is a great price. Id be all over it, but then I'd have to start loading them big ol' slow bullets. :facepalm:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My "hope" is that it would shoot similar enough to my 9mm MP9 that I wouldn't have to shoot 1000 rounds to get proficient.......

I've never shot the .45 M&P, but I experienced what you describe when I was... *shudder* a "Glock guy".

I went from a G23 (.40) to a G30 (.45) and was equally proficient without the learning curve. If you have good fundamentals, calibers within the same platform will shoot about the same.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've never shot the .45 M&P, but I experienced what you describe when I was... *shudder* a "Glock guy".

I went from a G23 (.40) to a G30 (.45) and was equally proficient without the learning curve. If you have good fundamentals, calibers within the same platform will shoot about the same.

I agree. I didn't notice a considerable difference between the nines I have shot and the .45. You should not have any issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom