The Official Status Update Thread: Part 145 - Happy Thanksgiving INGO!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    He didn't really say anything to start a panic. I was kind of surprised.

I posted this on Facebook. I just found the speech...interesting.

I didn't watch the POTUS speech last night, but I have read the transcript. The following is a direct quote with the word "Muslim" replaced with "gun owning."
    "...it is the responsibility of all Americans -- of every faith -- to reject discrimination. It is our responsibility to reject religious tests on who we admit into this country. It’s our responsibility to reject proposals that (gun owning) Americans should somehow be treated differently. Because when we travel down that road, we lose. That kind of divisiveness, that betrayal of our values plays into the hands of groups like ISIL. (Gun owning) Americans are our friends and our neighbors, our co-workers, our sports heroes -- and, yes, they are our men and women in uniform who are willing to die in defense of our country. We have to remember that."
    Think about it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Ok, gotta go decide, does it look better in "A" or "B" ..."A" again...and "B". Ok, "B" ...or "C"...

Yes, I'm going to the eye doctor.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    chez already offered you tree fiddy...I'll give you tree fiddy fo!

I'll give you six hunnit fiddy

QueCcVD.png

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I once got in trouble here for using a word that rhymes with "nap" to denote cars/bikes/knives/swords from a particular country. I've used that word my entire life in that context without every intending to offend or even remotely thinking I might have offended.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I once got in trouble here for using a word that rhymes with "nap" to denote cars/bikes/knives/swords from a particular country. I've used that word my entire life in that context without every intending to offend or even remotely thinking I might have offended.

Yeah, that one is considered derogatory because it's equated with the WWII hatred of that country and its people.

I once raised a bunch of eyebrows on my job for referring to East Asians as "oriental" people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom