Not open for further replies.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    had a great afternoon...

Years ago I had to give up my horses for adoption, well I found my colt, Little Jake, at a therapy horse ranch. He is working mainly with addicted teens and I am told does great with them. I went and saw him for the first time in eight years today and I though he was going to climb up on me like a cat. He about knocked me down with a head butt to the chest and then almost ripped a pocket off my jacket...same pocket I always kept peppermints in for him as treats. Yes...I did have some with me and with treats and a lot of head bumps we got to know each other again. He was two and I was just started to break him to saddle when we separated and he acted like we had never been apart...just about made me tear up...

I will go back and visit with him again, not that far from me...

jake3_zpssad8atln.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    had a great afternoon...

Years ago I had to give up my horses for adoption, well I found my colt, Little Jake, at a therapy horse ranch. He is working mainly with addicted teens and I am told does great with them. I went and saw him for the first time in eight years today and I though he was going to climb up on me like a cat. He about knocked me down with a head butt to the chest and then almost ripped a pocket off my jacket...same pocket I always kept peppermints in for him as treats. Yes...I did have some with me and with treats and a lot of head bumps we got to know each other again. He was two and I was just started to break him to saddle when we separated and he acted like we had never been apart...just about made me tear up...

That's a really sweet story.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know I will have Moms support.....

Go Nubbie!!! Nubbie for Mod!

had a great afternoon...

jake3_zpssad8atln.jpg

Horses are smart! Mom and dad don't have any left now, but we always had them when I was growing up. They put the last one down a year ago. He had arthritis so badly that we didn't expect him to make it through the winter.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Here's what we've been doing today. This sucker was stuck on the wedge of the splitter so hubby went off to find a pry bar to break it loose. We are down to the big chunks so we worked for an hour or so and then stopped. He put the back tires of the tractor in holes and lowered the splitter bar so I could roll the chunks onto it fairly easily. He helped with the biggest ones. After a half dozen of these monsters we quit for the day.

Not too much left to do but probably a few more days worth at this pace.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Go Nubbie!!! Nubbie for Mod!

Horses are smart! Mom and dad don't have any left now, but we always had them when I was growing up. They put the last one down a year ago. He had arthritis so badly that we didn't expect him to make it through the winter.

like I said...there was some head butting....

jake5_zpss2lxzcs9.jpg

and Mary had to explain to him she didn't have peppermints...

jake7_zps9lkokmwp.jpg

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    had a great afternoon...

jake3_zpssad8atln.jpg

Thanks for posting this, very nice!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom