Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate car shopping......Once I get the medical bills under control, I have to get something else next year...

Wifey loves the Caddies, probably will be able to swing a 09 or 2010 DTS......They quit making them in 2012, so I'll be able to get at least one more with the Northstar V8 (love that rumble)....

Northstars fly.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby is seriously thinking about buying this truck tomorrow if the body truly is rust free. He remembers the guy that owns it as he was a customer in our shop. Nice guy and I can see him as someone who would take good care of it. Keeping my fingers crossed. It is a Cheyenne so crank windows and just an AM radio, but he has a radio he can put in it and he said he could change it to power windows if I want him to. It doesn't matter much to me...I can turn the crank.

Most people want 4wd and all the bells and whistles so I figure those are bargaining points for us that this truck doesn't have those things. We've never had 4wd on anything so I don't care about that. I like the fact that there are no air bags too. It has a matching fiberglass cap which would be nice for when I need to haul groceries and have a passenger with me. My rubber mat from my 88 would fit the bed and the new tires and wheels we bought for my 88 would fit the suburban.

It's a mile and a half down the road...so it's almost here already. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hubby is seriously thinking about buying this truck tomorrow if the body truly is rust free. He remembers the guy that owns it as he was a customer in our shop. Nice guy and I can see him as someone who would take good care of it. Keeping my fingers crossed. It is a Cheyenne so crank windows and just an AM radio, but he has a radio he can put in it and he said he could change it to power windows if I want him to. It doesn't matter much to me...I can turn the crank.

Most people want 4wd and all the bells and whistles so I figure those are bargaining points for us that this truck doesn't have those things. We've never had 4wd on anything so I don't care about that. I like the fact that there are no air bags too. It has a matching fiberglass cap which would be nice for when I need to haul groceries and have a passenger with me. My rubber mat from my 88 would fit the bed and the new tires and wheels we bought for my 88 would fit the suburban.

It's a mile and a half down the road...so it's almost here already. :D

Sweet Mom.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not looking forward to getting out in it.

I was pleased to see the wood stove carried the house all night. No reload. Big smiles. Furnace never ran once after I put some heat in the steel box.
    Gas log with the new blower carried the family room all day and the electric heat did not cycle once until we shut it down.
    Making progress.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning Expat.
    I am not punching the clock but I have a butt load to get done as well and the Holiday gets in the way. Love me some Turkey day with Family but I like to get things done as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom