• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Had a sucky day yesterday. Was on my way to Cleveland yesterday. Wife had 2 days off so I was making a work roadtrip with her doing most to the driving.
    Got an hour and a half out and the freakin serpentine belt and idler arm let go on the Caddy......:xmad:
    $405 gone and I had to cancel my dinner appt with Skulldaddy and appt with client. Waited 4 hours between waiting for the wrecker and at Tire Discounters....:xmad: Very sucky day.....

that does suck

dinner with SD would be so fun I think

besides the $$ spent that I know you can't afford.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Had something very "strange" happen while we was waiting for the tow truck (1 1/2 hours)

Sitting on an exit ramp on I-74 just outside Cincy. Both the Pass side doors open on the Caddy, wife is sitting in front pass seat with her legs outside and I am standing beside the rear pass door.
    A old red Dodge minivan drove by, I noticed it because the paint was peeling back just like our 96 Dodge beater Van did. Van turned left and got back on the interstate going the opposite way.
    5 min later this van enters out exit ramp again and stops on the shoulder 50' back from our car. Driver & pass appear to be urban utes. They just sit there for a couple of minutes, I am watching them.
    Not getting a good vibe, and I'm not a paranoid person. Soooo, I pop the trunk and grab the holstered revolver I had in my suitcase and walk it around to my wife. I then take off my jacket, allowing the grips of my IWB SW3914 to me visible. And I'm wearing dress clothes, suit pants and white shirt, so I'm sure they could see the grip.
    Van stays parked for about 30 more seconds, driver puts it in park and drives on up the ramp and disappears.
    I may have over reacted, but my gut told me they were bad news....

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Had something very "strange" happen while we was waiting for the tow truck (1 1/2 hours)

Sitting on an exit ramp on I-74 just outside Cincy. Both the Pass side doors open on the Caddy, wife is sitting in front pass seat with her legs outside and I am standing beside the rear pass door.
    A old red Dodge minivan drove by, I noticed it because the paint was peeling back just like our 96 Dodge beater Van did. Van turned left and got back on the interstate going the opposite way.
    5 min later this van enters out exit ramp again and stops on the shoulder 50' back from our car. Driver & pass appear to be urban utes. They just sit there for a couple of minutes, I am watching them.
    Not getting a good vibe, and I'm not a paranoid person. Soooo, I pop the trunk and grab the holstered revolver I had in my suitcase and walk it around to my wife. I then take off my jacket, allowing the grips of my IWB SW3914 to me visible. And I'm wearing dress clothes, suit pants and white shirt, so I'm sure they could see the grip.
    Van stays parked for about 30 more seconds, driver puts it in park and drives on up the ramp and disappears.

I think you did the right thing. never can be to careful

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    that does suck

dinner with SD would be so fun I think

besides the $$ spent that I know you can't afford.

Ain't that the truth. Was you inline in the last OSUT thread when I posted that my FIRST surgery bill was $68,000??? 2nd one will prob be similar.
    I have very good insurance, but I still owe a buttload on money over all this crap.... Gonna be a long time before SAM has any extra money...:(

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Listen to your gut. Sounded shady to me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom