Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ACT. Since you have been out for awhile and can speak as an expert on this subject, what's your feelings about Women on submarines???
    Not at all surprised about this incident, kinda surprised it took this long to happen...
    4th sailor faces court-martial in shower recordings case

In a world of bad ideas, it is a very bad idea.
    People that point to other countries that have women on subs, are comparing us to countries that go out to sea a couple of weeks, and maybe have a 25 percent sea time (time in port vs time at sea),
    I never had less than 50 percent sea time, and my last year was over 80 percent.
    And those countries have no women on nukes.

Women can do the job.
    Men AND women can't.
    The military has a problem with harassment and assault.
    Ships have a worse problem.
    Ships have compartments for women's berthing. Subs have to be heavily modified for even a couple women. There is no "berthing". On a sub you strip down in the middle of a passage.
    Ships have several passages going fore to aft. Subs have one. And it's narrow. You pass someone belly to belly, sideways. No room for shoulder to shoulder.
    At the first sign of pregnancy, women have to be transferred of any nuclear vessel. Carriers have that option. Subs don't. Oh, guess what ages most pregnancies occur, yup, 18-24 or so. The age of most sailors.

The Navy keeps a sub tender in Lamodalena (spelling?)
    It used to have a mixed crew.
    Constant Captains Masts for discipline problems caused by love triangles, and enterprising ladies selling certain services.
    And they are in port.
    Navy had to transfer the women off.
    When that tender trades place with a stateside tender, the women transfer to the tender going stateside.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    In a world of bad ideas, it is a very bad idea.
    People that point to other countries that have women on subs, are comparing us to countries that go out to sea a couple of weeks, and maybe have a 25 percent sea time (time in port vs time at sea),
    I never had less than 50 percent sea time, and my last year was over 80 percent.
    And those countries have no women on nukes.

Women can do the job.
    Men AND women can't.
    The military has a problem with harassment and assault.
    Ships have a worse problem.
    Ships have compartments for women's berthing. Subs have to be heavily modified for even a couple women. There is no "berthing". On a sub you strip down in the middle of a passage.
    Ships have several passages going fore to aft. Subs have one. And it's narrow. You pass someone belly to belly, sideways. No room for shoulder to shoulder.
    At the first sign of pregnancy, women have to be transferred of any nuclear vessel. Carriers have that option. Subs don't. Oh, guess what ages most pregnancies occur, yup, 18-24 or so. The age of most sailors.

The Navy keeps a sub tender in Lamodalena (spelling?)
    It used to have a mixed crew.
    Constant Captains Masts for discipline problems caused by love triangles, and enterprising ladies selling certain services.
    And they are in port.
    Navy had to transfer the women off.
    When that tender trades place with a stateside tender, the women transfer to the tender going stateside.

Thanks for the INFO ACT. I always thought it was a bad idea, appreciate the expert analysis...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The base at La Maddalena has closed. If there is still a sub tender in the Med I don't know where it is located.

Well, I have been out awhile.
    Doesn't change why I am against women serving on subs.

And for ths record, we did have a woman or two for certain missions, short term.
    Used an officers stateroom and head (bathroom).

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    And they all cycle together. With a boat load of nukes. Just not a good idea.

giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom