Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You keep busy too. Hubby was commenting tonight on how nice the yard looks but said I work too hard. I told him, I don't consider it work. It relaxes me. He just smiled and said keep playing in the dirt if that is what makes you happy. I'm glad he understands me so well.

It is hard to imagine how this property used to look. When we bought it, there were literally mountains of trash from people using it as a dump for decades. We spent at least $4K on dumpsters getting it all hauled out. It took him a whole summer to load them using his dozer and loader. It is our own little piece of paradise now.

Caught some butt heads dumping at my buddys last year. Now that was fun.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    i think im going to try to make it - sounds like fun - if in your area mind if give you a shout? i'll have all my toys if i make it

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Caught some butt heads dumping at my buddys last year. Now that was fun.

I guess that is one of the reasons I am such a fanatic about keeping the trash picked up along the road. The more trash there is laying there, the more people seem to think it is a good place to toss their garbage. When we first bought our property and blocked off their access to it, they would just dump truckloads of stuff in the middle of the road or the ditch. That finally stopped when I started calling the highway department to pick it up. Their guys would come out and push it into the ditch and I would call again and tell them I wanted it removed. They ignored me until it kept getting pushed back into the road a few times.

Went pretty good - cooked 120 lbs catfish 40 lbs perch 60 lbs walleye 50lbs fries - was a HUGE turnout - had everything cooked between 2 & 7 - 400ish people - was good time but thank God its only once a year

Sounds like a great turnout Bcannon!

Sorry I was off switching laundry loads.

Almost time for bed. Cat is already in so I can actually get to bed at a reasonable time. She spent last night outside and got drizzled on. Poor thing...got wet. She was at the door waiting when I got up this morning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom