Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Learned a little while ago that at our manufacturing plant in PA, our lead contractor and some sub's that he hired fried a new $250K machine on our new main production line. We can't do a thing without this machine....
    Contractor and Subs will no longer be working with us...
    Whoa! Hope the contractor has insurance, he won't after this is settled.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Whoa! Hope the contractor has insurance, he won't after this is settled.

Oh, there is more to it than that. Turns out the contractor ordered the wrong machine, and in trying to "fix" the machine to do what we needed it to do, completely fried it.
    This machine is made in France. The company says lead time for a replacement machine is 8 months....

The French company has a "demo" machine in Antwerp that we can lease short term while we are waiting for our correct replacement. But the cost to expedite a 10,000 pound 12'x20' machine from Antwerp Belgium to Pittsburgh is going to be expensive and time consuming. The French said we can have it within 30 days, but I will believe it when I see it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Oh, there is more to it than that. Turns out the contractor ordered the wrong machine, and in trying to "fix" the machine to do what we needed it to do, completely fried it.
    This machine is made in France. The company says lead time for a replacement machine is 8 months....

The French company has a "demo" machine in Antwerp that we can lease short term while we are waiting for our correct replacement. But the cost to expedite a 10,000 pound 12'x20' machine from Antwerp Belgium to Pittsburgh is going to be expensive and time consuming. The French said we can have it within 30 days, but I will believe it when I see it.
    That is just nuts Sam. Wrong current? A lot of stuff from Europe is set to run on 440dc I think. Could be wrong though.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

How could I have missed this? Get Sylvain on it! :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom