Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I helped the neighbor until about noon and then went to my sister's house. We dug up tons of stuff. I came home with half a pickup full of Irises, Hostas and lillies. I got the biggest hosta split and planted after supper. I have lots to do....there will be flowers everywhere. Some will be sold for the garden club fundraiser. We are also planting the flower beds at the library Tuesday after our monthly meeting so I will see if they would like some Irises for that.

You go mom! busy busy girl wow - good luck on your fundraiser

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Retired......Hahahahaha

Sounds like you are very involved in the community Mom. Good on you.

Yep...retired like you. :)

Probably 2-300 throughout the day and the fryer is outside so I do get help when needed - yes alil like work but we'll see - as long as the rain holds out it should be good

That sounds like a nice group and probably a fairly steady pace. Raining lightly here now. I'm not sure if we'll get much tomorrow. I figure I can plant between rains as I don't think it is going to be a washout.

I used to the portioning thing with the meat when we bought in the store. Now, I just order my side of beef or half a hog and have the butcher package it the way we want it. It's nice to fill the freezer that way.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You go mom! busy busy girl wow - good luck on your fundraiser

Last year, we sold plants at the farmer's market. The sales were not great and most of the plants seemed to be sold to members of the club. We could have done as well just selling them at our monthly meetings to the members. The swap meet should be a better venue for us. Thousands of people go to it each month since it is only once a month and only a few months out of the year. Less time involved for members to man the booth but should bring in as much or more in money. We used the money for community projects. We bought a few plants for the women's shelter when we went there Tuesday and cleaned up their flowers and landscaping. It was overgrown and in rather sad shape. It was quite satisfying to see it when we got done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nite all.
    I have the G-daughter for breakfast tomorrow and then take her to school. 2 service calls and then get geared up for Shadows shoot on Saturday. This is a gun forum you know.....:)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saw this on I-80.
    Zoom in on the tire.

20150514_140329_zpstkxg8lje.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am out for the night. Stupid cat is still outside so I guess she is not coming in unless she comes in on the last call. I am giving her one chance and then locking the door.

Good night Act.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom