Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Sam fixed his rifle and sighted in the scope this afternoon!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Maybe I'm a little OCD, but it has been bugging the crap out of me that the scope was out of zero. And, I didn't want to zero the scope until the trigger & hammer pins were replaced...

Which reminds me, I want to post a pic of the target I was using.
    After I zero'ed the scope (only took 5 rounds) I loaded a 20 round mag of my reloads, moved the target down to 100 meters.
    The 1st mag (my reloads) of 20 rounds made a small ragged circle in the bullseye.
    I grabbed another random 20 round mag out of my rangebag. The first 5 or 6 rounds were spot on. Then, the rest of the mag the group opened up quite a bit. I was thinking WTF???
    After finishing the mag I walked down to retrieve my target and let the rifle cool down. When I started to clean up my brass in the 2nd mag, 80% of it was steel case. WTF, I haven't bought any steel case for personal use in years. I must have filled that mag long ago with 13-14 rounds of Tulammo and finished it with brass cased.
    Moral of the story is that commercial steel case is fine for plinking, all 15 or so rounds were close to the bullseye. But for good groups, it's not my 1st chice.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I thought it was the ammo Sam.

When you and I was shooting, the last mag or 2 I shot was from good ammo. I had the scope reset close to where it was before I started dicking around with it, but it wasn't dead on. It was still shooting high. Today I got it reset dead on. 30yard/300yard zzero.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Did the pin fix work.

Although, I am still having to adjust to that Gisselle G2S trigger. I have to keep the trigger pulled all of the way back. The reset on the trigger is so short that if I don't keep good trigger disipline, I will get a double tap from bumpfire. Gotta keep it all of the way back....

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    When you and I was shooting, the last mag or 2 I shot was from good ammo. I had the scope reset close to where it was before I started dicking around with it, but it wasn't dead on. It was still shooting high. Today I got it reset dead on. 30yard/300yard zzero.
    I had forgotten you moved it around a little bit.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Although, I am still having to adjust to that Gisselle G2S trigger. I have to keep the trigger pulled all of the way back. The reset on the trigger is so short that if I don't keep good trigger disipline, I will get a double tap from bumpfire. Gotta keep it all of the way back....

Anyone that didn't shoot it at L&S4 is welcome to at L&S5. I'll bring it with me.
    Mary & I were talking last night, I don't know that I will be able to shoot at L&S5 because of the surgery in a couple of weeks. We are still coming, Mary can shoot, I'll just be visiting and harassing MBills....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Anyone that didn't shoot it at L&S4 is welcome to at L&S5. I'll bring it with me.
    Mary & I were talking last night, I don't know that I will be able to shoot at L&S5 because of the surgery in a couple of weeks. We are still coming, Mary can shoot, I'll just be visiting and harassing MBills....

We'll have to get some more tannerite for her to blow up!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

And loading mags for Mary....

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'll BBL. Getting hungry already, had a very early lunch. Think I'm gonna head out to Kroger and get stuff for dinner. Cheeseburga Cheeseburga tonight....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom