jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I did get my review today. I have to dress up a little more. :noway:

But I'm getting a pretty decent raise (provided the higher ups sign off on it) :yesway:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hi Greg

Yeah, I hope so too. That extra $$$ will help pay off the spending spree I've been on lately. :spend:

Lesson there Jagee, you are always better off to over dress. You never know who you are going to interact with in any business day. I once had a casual business lunch where the President of GE Supply showed up unexpectedly. I was very happy I was doing shirt & tie that day. (prob had pants on too)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Lesson there Jagee, you are always better off to over dress. You never know who you are going to interact with in any business day. I once had a casual business lunch where the President of GE Supply showed up unexpectedly. I was very happy I was doing shirt & tie that day. (prob had pants on too)

Yeah, I am just more prepared to go out on job sites and get in the dirt (mud)...don't wanna mess up my fancy pants.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

BTW, made a program sale that lunch that turned out to be worth over $3mill a year in sales. All happened totally spur of the moment. And get this, they were not even my account, my Boss got all of the commissions....:(

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yeah, I am just more prepared to go out on job sites and get in the dirt (mud)...don't wanna mess up my fancy pants.

True, but if you are dressed more professionally than your peers, you are more likely to be noticed. Being noticed can lead to promotions or different, better gigs..

I didn't say "flashy", I mean professional. In business if you look professional, are competent and show up when & where you are supposed to be on time, that's 80% of the battle. It has served me well in my career, hell I have a great job. But it took me years to work my way into it...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    True, but if you are dressed more professionally than your peers, you are more likely to be noticed. Being noticed can lead to promotions or different, better gigs..

I didn't say "flashy", I mean professional. In business if you look professional, are competent and show up when & where you are supposed to be on time, that's 80% of the battle. It has served me well in my career, hell I have a great job. But it took me years to work my way into it...

Yeah, I get it. I wear the collared shirt (on a job site that's how you tell who is in charge vs. who is just laboring) but usually with jeans and boots. I'll switch it up and leave the boots in the truck til they are needed and go more khaki than jeans.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yeah, I get it. I wear the collared shirt (on a job site that's how you tell who is in charge vs. who is just laboring) but usually with jeans and boots. I'll switch it up and leave the boots in the truck til they are needed and go more khaki than jeans.

:yesway: That's the idea....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom