• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looks like a few days off, taking the wife shopping tomorrow as it's supposed to rain most of the day down south.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    will you take me shopping too?

Depends on how much time is spent "skitching". That's a term for the noise that is made when women shop for cloths by scraping those metal and plastic hangers on the round chrome rail racks. Skitch, skitch, skitch, I can only handle so much of that sound.:)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Depends on how much time is spent "skitching". That's a term for the noise that is made when women shop for cloths by scraping those metal and plastic hangers on the round chrome rail racks. Skitch, skitch, skitch, I can only handle so much of that sound.:)

I am not a normal woman shopping. I am in and out in a hurry. I just need someone to bankroll it :D

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I watched American Sniper last night/this morning after work...

It might be an unpopular opinion since it was hyped up so much but I didn't really care for it.

Had that "small town, big hero" vibe that is present in movies like October Sky and some of the supporting actors weren't that good and it just seemed sort of cheesy at parts. :(

Not trying to take away from the underlying story or anything or say what Chris Kyle did wasn't good. Just saying I didn't like the movie adaptation and feel like most the hype the movie got was based on feel-good patriotism and nothing more. Had it not been based on a true story and was a work of fiction I feel like people would have criticized it much much more.

Just my $0.02 . Wasn't a bad film, just wasn't good. (For me)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

It might be an unpopular opinion since it was hyped up so much but I didn't really care for it.

Had that "small town, big hero" vibe that is present in movies like October Sky and some of the supporting actors weren't that good and it just seemed sort of cheesy at parts. :(

Not trying to take away from the underlying story or anything or say what Chris Kyle did wasn't good. Just saying I didn't like the movie adaptation and feel like most the hype the movie got was based on feel-good patriotism and nothing more. Had it not been based on a true story and was a work of fiction I feel like people would have criticized it much much more.

and that is the beautiful thing about America. It's ok to have an opinion different than others

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Same here.
    I didn't find anything special about the movie.
    I guess some people feel like it's unpatriotic to criticized the movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom