mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's about time CM. Hubby was the same way though. He's been retired 9 years and is just now finally getting into the idea that if he doesn't get something done today, he can always do it tomorrow. I was glad to see him going fishing today even though I can't go with him.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi BA!

I was just reading the local news. Some guy in a pickup hit a motorcycle last night...killed both people that were on the bike. Truck was in flames when the cops got there. No names released yet. The pickup truck driver is in jail on two charges of reckless homicide...blood test results pending. Why do people drink and drive???? It makes me sick. Be careful out there on your bikes to those of you who ride!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hi BA!

I was just reading the local news. Some guy in a pickup hit a motorcycle last night...killed both people that were on the bike. Truck was in flames when the cops got there. No names released yet. The pickup truck driver is in jail on two charges of reckless homicide...blood test results pending. Why do people drink and drive???? It makes me sick. Be careful out there on your bikes to those of you who ride!!

Liberty.......they feel they have the right to do as they please when they please.
    That is not what liberty means.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Liberty.......they feel they have the right to do as they please when they please.
    That is not what liberty means.

I agree. Saddens me that some person with no respect for human life can create so much despair for others. I have a friend who had her daughter killed by a drunk going the wrong way on the interstate. Her daughter's fiance and good friend were killed in the same accident. My friend's son was in the back seat and was not expected to live. He did but will never be a functioning member of society due to the damage caused to him by this accident.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. Saddens me that some person with no respect for human life can create so much despair for others. I have a friend who had her daughter killed by a drunk going the wrong way on the interstate. Her daughter's fiance and good friend were killed in the same accident. My friend's son was in the back seat and was not expected to live. He did but will never be a functioning member of society due to the damage caused to him by this accident.

And many on Ingo will argue that is what freedom means.
    I disagree.....with prejudice.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And many on Ingo will argue that is what freedom means.
    I disagree.....with prejudice.

There has to be a balance. We all have rights and nobody wants those trampled, but nobody should have the right to endanger other people through negligent behaviors.

Wow...better not turn this into a political thread! It just really made me sad to read the article and a bit anxious to find out who was involved. The last guy that got killed by a drunk while riding his motorcycle was hit not far from our house. The drunk that hit him sued the county over overcrowding in the jail and won. The county is now spending millions to build a new jail. We did need one because we don't have room for all of the meth heads, but it is screwed up when some low life can sue the county and get his legal bills paid by the taxpayers after he killed someone.

Whoops....there I go again. Getting fired up early this morning. It's going to be a long, interesting day. I have lots to do so better get moving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A friend of mine is dealing with meth head neighbors right now.
    They had best leave this guy alone. He grew up with me and is no one to be trifled with.

My patience level with drug/alcohol related stupidity is in the negative.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There has to be a balance. We all have rights and nobody wants those trampled, but nobody should have the right to endanger other people through negligent behaviors.

Wow...better not turn this into a political thread! It just really made me sad to read the article and a bit anxious to find out who was involved. The last guy that got killed by a drunk while riding his motorcycle was hit not far from our house. The drunk that hit him sued the county over overcrowding in the jail and won. The county is now spending millions to build a new jail. We did need one because we don't have room for all of the meth heads, but it is screwed up when some low life can sue the county and get his legal bills paid by the taxpayers after he killed someone.

Whoops....there I go again. Getting fired up early this morning. It's going to be a long, interesting day. I have lots to do so better get moving.

Be cool Mom. We can not change/alter human behavior.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom