• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Heat pumps are a bad idea this far North. Even with a 20+ SEER, you're more than doubling it's work load. A/C runs about 800 hours in summer + 1,600 hours in heat pump, you're talking about 3x the use from the same machine.
    In the summer time my pump has been as efficient as normal ac. My utility bills during the summer in this house (which is 2 x the size of my old house) are less than my old tiny house. It is winter that's the killer!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I remember those wonderful days. That was 2 kids ago. I'll share a little known secret, I think "Sex" might be the leading factor into how those kids show up. Now, I'm not 100% convinced yet, it's just a working theory.
    I'll have to have more sex to put your theory to the test!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    lol, to be honest, those are just guesses. I know there's a lot of German on my father's side, a little on my mom's, a lot of Irish on my mom's, and Shawnee on my dads.
    A lot of my family has done genealogy. I did a bunch myself. I don't know exact percentages but I found most of my ancestors came over from Ireland.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning CM, my "sleeping in" ended at 7am. :laugh: Hate it when you have the chance to sleep in, but your internal alarm clock shoots you out of sleep.

I made it to 7:45 this morning. Still rolling around with bed head.......:)

Gotta cook the G-daughter some breakfast. She is on a 2 hour delay and wants some Bacon...:)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm about 25% Irish, 50% German, 20% Shawnee, and a final 5% angry drunk.
    Most of mine at least on my fathers paternal and maternal sides came from Ireland. One side came before the revolution and the other before the civil war. The last of my ancestors were here by 1840.
    One came on the mayflower.
    on my mothers side in still doing research. I haven't got much past 1800. They owned slaves and fought for the south and they are all still proud Southerners. Good people. Good Americans

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    In the summer time my pump has been as efficient as normal ac. My utility bills during the summer in this house (which is 2 x the size of my old house) are less than my old tiny house. It is winter that's the killer!

Heat pumps are always more efficient at cooling, it's just the nature of the beast. You're actually just moving heat. Heat is energy, and energy can neither be created or destroyed, you are simply transferring it. In the winter, there is less heat to absorb from the outside, so less it can bring in.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Heat pumps are always more efficient at cooling, it's just the nature of the beast. You're actually just moving heat. Heat is energy, and energy can neither be created or destroyed, you are simply transferring it. In the winter, there is less heat to absorb from the outside, so less it can bring in.
    :+1:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My family on both sides came here under servitude. Kids sold off in England and worked to death here. Some survived. I am grateful....:)

When idiots start arguing slavery I have skin in that game. ****-em

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom