Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Hi LLH

Yes, Greg, easy for me and no serious illnesses/injuries for the patients. We lost one yesterday morning. :(

We had a neighbor while I was growing up who had alzheimer's pretty bad. She got out of the house sometimes and we'd have to help look for her. My mom called the house and told us "we've lost Mrs. Robey" so my brother and I searched the neighborhood. After about 30 minutes we came around the block and saw the ambulance and realized our mistake.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hiya Chezuki, did you ever get the recipe from that taco truck? I've been thinking about those tacos you mentioned back in the summer a lot lately.

Meat: Marinate some skirt steak in tequila, lime juice, and chili powder. Grill and dice.

For the salsa: Grill about 5 tomatillos, 1/2 an onion, a clove of garlic until soft and slightly charred. Put in blender with 2(ish) dried red chili peppers that have been lightly toasted in a dry skillet and a pinch of salt to taste. Purée.

Buy GOOD corn tortillas. They usually come wrapped in paper, NOT in a plastic bag. Check the ethnic foods aisle, or if you're brave, go to an actual carniceria (Mexican grocery). Warm tortillas on a hot griddle. Place meat on tortilla, drizzle with the warm salsa, and tol with diced white onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.

:drool:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Meat: Marinate some skirt steak in tequila, lime juice, and chili powder. Grill and dice.

For the salsa: Grill about 5 tomatillos, 1/2 an onion, a clove of garlic until soft and slightly charred. Put in blender with 2(ish) dried red chili peppers that have been lightly toasted in a dry skillet and a pinch of salt to taste. Purée.

Buy GOOD corn tortillas. They usually come wrapped in paper, NOT in a plastic bag. Check the ethnic foods aisle, or if you're brave, go to an actual carniceria (Mexican grocery). Warm tortillas on a hot griddle. Place meat on tortilla, drizzle with the warm salsa, and tol with diced white onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.

:drool:
    Thanks! I've made homemade corn tortillas in the past that turned out really good. Use Masa harina. (spelling?)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thanks! I've made homemade corn tortillas in the past that turned out really good. Use Masa harina. (spelling?)
    Yeah, homemade are good, but not worth the hassle for me. I don't have a press, and the fresh ones at Carniceria de Puebla on West Washington are like $1.50 for a pack of 30.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom