Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know all too well. She plays 3 sports on top of year round softball. Plus the 2 boys play 3 sports each. No free time or money for me!

I coached the outdoor soccer team my son played on. Also assistant coach of the "B"-ball squad and the Football team. It was rewarding as I look back. Great times. Good kids.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My kids were soccer players and we did the winter indoor leagues. They played "B"-ball and the son played football on top of all that. Busy busy times.

oh yes

I forgot about the soccer.

that was the oldest daughters sport. I remember driving from Argos to South Bend every weekend for winter soccer she talked us into.

glad you guys had a good time, sorry it was so chilly for ya'll

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    oh yes

I forgot about the soccer.

that was the oldest daughters sport. I remember driving from Argos to South Bend every weekend for winter soccer she talked us into.

glad you guys had a good time, sorry it was so chilly for ya'll

Actually except for the wind it was good. I think SD-II was colder than she would addmit but we had a great time. Outdoor range time in January.....what could be better.
    Pics in the LT-6 must fail thread I think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Soccer is one sport the kids havent gotten into. No high school team here so it is pushed earlier ages.

Son played 6yrs. old through Sophomore year. He went to the State games 3 years in a row and they placed 2nd in the state all 3 times. Good times. Great memory's.

It seems like a lot of work but trust me.....well worth it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Thats neat.

Soccer os a great sport for youth. Professional level sucks and is a seriously boring game but the kids kick a$$ when they play. My teams did.

oh I agree

I spent many years on the sidelines in the spring in Argos and surrounding towns for youth soccer. Sara quit the year she broke ankle. Crystal played all the way through high school.

Argos has no football, so soccer it is

CMA is where the sunshine is

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    oh I agree

I spent many years on the sidelines in the spring in Argos and surrounding towns for youth soccer. Sara quit the year she broke ankle. Crystal played all the way through high school.

Argos has no football, so soccer it is

CMA is where the sunshine is

I would almost prefer watching any youth sport over the pro's. They are so much fun to watch.
    I have never had a more exciting experience coaching than watching my kids take their division title and move on to the state games. I was on my knees crying on the side lines. Take my man card......I do not care. Those kids fought so hard that day. I hope it marks their memory's like it did mine.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I would almost prefer watching any youth sport over the pro's. They are so much fun to watch.
    I have never had a more exciting experience coaching than watching my kids take their division title and move on to the state games. I was on my knees crying on the side lines. Take my man card......I do not care. Those kids fought so hard that day. I hope it marks their memory's like it did mine.

Sara got picked for the State team, whether should could play or not the year she broke her ankle. Doc fit her with a brace so she could get out there.

Some kid on the opposing team took her out. Said kid didn't know big sis was also playing. Big sis got a red card. I was never so proud of her in my life though. Her sister was more important than the red card. We won, so I understand the tears. I shed a few myself. It was always so much fun

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sara got picked for the State team, whether should could play or not the year she broke her ankle. Doc fit her with a brace so she could get out there.

Some kid on the opposing team took her out. Said kid didn't know big sis was also playing. Big sis got a red card. I was never so proud of her in my life though. Her sister was more important than the red card. We won, so I understand the tears. I shed a few myself. It was always so much fun

We had girls on our teams. They were tough as nails.
    The only red card my son ever got was for leveling an idiot that was roughing up the girls and bragging about it. Knocked him stupid. I was proud.

Have not thought about those days for a while. Good memories.

I would have payed to see big sis knock that idiot down.....really.....:)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    oh yes

those years haven't been thought about in years

we had so much fun

now I need to not give pf so much crap. I did the same thing when my girls were young

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom