Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    1688044b9a61e129a52e0dd0af81621b_zps1938dae4.jpg

At one time (ok, it was a pretty long time) she would have made me forget what's important in life, and I would have thanked her profusely for that.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I had planned to hit the range and do some handgunning, but not gonna be able to go without the percoset. No shooting while on pain meds. I over did it yesterday moving the MIL back into her apartment.

Will prob just go over and babysit the MIL so the wife can do a few things.

That sounds harsh, but I can't think of a better way to describe a watching a 90 year old who thinks she can do a bunch of stuff she can't do. We have to watch her or she is going to hurt herself. I know this lady, if there isn't someone there to stop her, she will do it. Just to damned stubborn for her own good.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had a great aunt whose daughter caught her up on a chair washing her windows pretty much right after her 100th birthday party. She was not incapable, though, probably could have laid me out at the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In some respects, I'm glad I got married early (I was 21). Prob kept me from doing a bunch of stupid ****...

19 here. On and off again relationship for 9 years. More off than on. I loved my kids......grew to seriously hate her. Loved my kids.....:)

The off times were pretty insane.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a great aunt whose daughter caught her up on a chair washing her windows pretty much right after her 100th birthday party. She was not incapable, though, probably could have laid me out at the time.

That is what keeps those folks vital. If they have to sit down then the value of life starts to dwindle.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    In some respects, I'm glad I got married early (I was 21). Prob kept me from doing a bunch of stupid ****...

I was too involved in the career track to get all stoopid, but I wouldn't have minded some attention. M'lady says I'm all hot and cute and such, but I think I was too artistic to leverage that. Artistic, that's what they called it in Rainman, right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was too involved in the career track to get all stoopid, but I wouldn't have minded some attention. M'lady says I'm all hot and cute and such, but I think I was too artistic to leverage that. Artistic, that's what they called it in Rainman, right?

I was just nuts. Red heads were my weakness. 1st "X" was a red head. 2nd was a Blond. Current spouse is a Brunet (now but was a Blond)
    Playing Bass in a band did not help much to offer stability.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That is what keeps those folks vital. If they have to sit down then the value of life starts to dwindle.

Aunt Miel (Amelia) was an experience, I tell ya. She made it to 103 and outlived that daughter. I was unfortunately too young to get her life story. Born in the 1880s, saw some astounding things we take for granted now. My grandma was born in 1893 and I got some of hers.

My dad never realized how culturally literate I was until I used the term "meat tenderizer" in reference to the contact surface of a pogo pin (spring loaded electronic circuit board testing contact) and he looked at me and asked where I'd ever heard that term. Just been payin attention, dad. I think as much as anything he took pride in providing his family with meat that didn't need to be tenderized, but it was an epiphany. For the youngun's, a meat tenderizer was a hammer with a crosswise pattern of pyramids on the striking face, used to make inexpensive cuts of meat palatable. Keep that in mind, with the current administration you may become familiar with it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was just nuts. Red heads were my weakness. 1st "X" was a red head. 2nd was a Blond. Current spouse is a Brunet (now but was a Blond)
    Playing Bass in a band did not help much to offer stability.

Hehe, my son won't give me my bass back, have to do the six string thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom