mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You know the situation better than I of course. I have found that trying to push for change slows the process. Especially with girls. Maybe not if Mom is pushing but let Dad try and things slow down or go backwards.

Hope for the best.

I appreciate the insight and plan to tread lightly. I have always been pretty honest with the kids about why I divorced their dad so I am hoping that if we discuss manipulation and the relationship and how it has been...does she see it changing, etc. Maybe, I can get her to see for herself that what is going on fits the pattern of abuse and the cycle is not going to change. I don't think he has ever hit her, but I am sure there has been verbal abuse and controlling behaviors. Her dad did this stuff too BEFORE the physical abuse. I also plan to talk to her about how verbal abuse can affect people. For me, I think it was worse than physical abuse because there was no visible mark and everyone in town thought my ex was a very different person than he was in private.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Bad situation Mom, I'll pray for the best.

Thanks. I have been hopeful all day since she texted and asked if she could stay here for a while. The door is open and she knows that so even if it doesn't happen tonight, I do see it happening. I know how hard it is to make changes and he keeps her away from me as much as possible because I'm sure he thinks I try to convince her how evil he is. I learned a long time ago not to voice my opinion of him. She has known for a LONG time that I do not like him. I do not state it around her and even when she brings him up, I don't ask how the relationship is. If she expresses being unhappy, I ask why and let her clarify in her mind what is not good. He makes her pay a much bigger share of the bills so she has no extra money (thinks that keeps her there). Now, he knows she has an option and he isn't too happy about that apparently. So...now he is crying and playing on her emotions.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks. I have been hopeful all day since she texted and asked if she could stay here for a while. The door is open and she knows that so even if it doesn't happen tonight, I do see it happening. I know how hard it is to make changes and he keeps her away from me as much as possible because I'm sure he thinks I try to convince her how evil he is. I learned a long time ago not to voice my opinion of him. She has known for a LONG time that I do not like him. I do not state it around her and even when she brings him up, I don't ask how the relationship is. If she expresses being unhappy, I ask why and let her clarify in her mind what is not good. He makes her pay a much bigger share of the bills so she has no extra money (thinks that keeps her there). Now, he knows she has an option and he isn't too happy about that apparently. So...now he is crying and playing on her emotions.
    Love her, support her and give guidance where you can. It's just a bad situation. You've been there, and can recognize it. She can't yet. She will.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've been out in the big scary. :nailbite:

I didn't realize the monkey was flying an "LT6" in her sig line...I must have missed that in the meeting. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

But things will not change with him.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Love her, support her and give guidance where you can. It's just a bad situation. You've been there, and can recognize it. She can't yet. She will.

Thanks. It is not going to be easy to just not want to go after him, but you are right.

I appreciate you guys letting me rant here tonight. I needed to vent and can't discuss this with family. I don't want others lecturing her or pushing her before she is ready. I can force myself to do what needs to be done to get her through this and help her make the right decision. It has to be her choice and I totally get that.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    But things will not change with him.

Agreed. If it does, it won't take long for the old games to start back up. Long term...I don't see it happening.

I just wish he didn't have guns in that apartment. He is one of those guys that gives gun owners a bad name. Likes to flash them around and ****.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom