mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm working on this baby afghan. Baby will be a year old in April and I have another to do for the great-nephew that will be a year in May.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm working on this baby afghan. Baby will be a year old in April and I have another to do for the great-nephew that will be a year in May.

I did a cross stitch blanket for Princess. She got it for her first Christmas. She was born in April. I guess I should get started on the next one so it's ready when it gets here. And no, no one is pregnant, yet.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know others who knew him before that happened and have shared that story with me. His parents have tried to help but he just doesn't want to be helped. He also gets rather aggressive (not just his dogs) at times. My daughter used to feel sorry for him and would talk to him, give him food, etc. He got rather nasty with her one night when she was going to her car after work when she worked closing shift at TSC. I told her to avoid him after that.

you've got it right

and it is best to avoid him

I feel sorry that he is this way, but at the same time I know he could get better if he would accept help

the co-worker who was killed, her Widower lives next to my Dad. Nice guy. Even he got over this a lot quicker than Todd did

People handle things differently. And method of death, and witnessing adds to it.
    Ex-coworker witnessed an incident. I think it was 5 guys splashed by steel.
    Some died there. Some died during the night. Some made it, after extensive hospitalization.
    Ex-coworker was never the same.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    People handle things differently. And method of death, and witnessing adds to it.
    Ex-coworker witnessed an incident. I think it was 5 guys splashed by steel.
    Some died there. Some died during the night. Some made it, after extensive hospitalization.
    Ex-coworker was never the same.

having never been through this sort of thing, I can't relate. I do know that Todd chose to NEVER seek treatment to help him cope. I know it was a hard thing, it's the side of me that knew him before that is sad and wants something better for him

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I did a cross stitch blanket for Princess. She got it for her first Christmas. She was born in April. I guess I should get started on the next one so it's ready when it gets here. And no, no one is pregnant, yet.

I have one of those projects on hold in my craft room. I am ADHD at crafting...always have too many things started at once.

having never been through this sort of thing, I can't relate. I do know that Todd chose to NEVER seek treatment to help him cope. I know it was a hard thing, it's the side of me that knew him before that is sad and wants something better for him

Hubby witnessed a coworker's death. It changed him so I understand it all too well. There isn't a day he doesn't think about it, but he copes with it and hasn't let it take over his life.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have one of those projects on hold in my craft room. I am ADHD at crafting...always have too many things started at once.

Hubby witnessed a coworker's death. It changed him so I understand it all too well. There isn't a day he doesn't think about it, but he copes with it and hasn't let it take over his life.

well I was told this past weekend that the kids will be trying again very soon

I am on a time line now. It may still be a year, but I am under pressure.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know others who knew him before that happened and have shared that story with me. His parents have tried to help but he just doesn't want to be helped. He also gets rather aggressive (not just his dogs) at times. My daughter used to feel sorry for him and would talk to him, give him food, etc. He got rather nasty with her one night when she was going to her car after work when she worked closing shift at TSC. I told her to avoid him after that.

It can be hard to ask for/get help.

you've got it right

and it is best to avoid him

I feel sorry that he is this way, but at the same time I know he could get better if he would accept help

the co-worker who was killed, her Widower lives next to my Dad. Nice guy. Even he got over this a lot quicker than Todd did

As I said. Different people handle things differently.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm watching Special Forces, French with English subtitles. :dunno:

The guy named Marius in the movie is a real former special forces instructor.

2685422204.jpg

marius-cdo-couvbook-md.jpg

He was in the Commando Marine, pretty much like the Navy SEALS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom