Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to hear that about Lorelei.

Thanks, Birds. Maybe it's part of the healing process, I don't know. But right now her eyeball is red like it's full of blood. We'll see. I'm almost ready to just have them take the eye and be done with it, but she's really my mom's dog, so we'll see.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Poor thing. Is she finding her way around any better?

Yeah, she's managing. Sometimes she gets around OK by herself, and other times I have to help her. I leave a leash clipped to her harness so I can grab it and lead her around if necessary, especially outside. I cut the hand loop off so it wouldn't get caught on anything.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning! Cats blankets are in the washer. Coffee is being consumed. Hubby is in the condo with Leroy sitting on a nearby fence post meowing at him. :laugh:

I am going to the neighbor's this morning but I AM going to bake those cookies this afternoon I think.

Anyone know anything about Dremel tools? My son needs one for his sculpturing stuff. He borrowed one for his hand he sculptured out of wood, but I was thinking that might make a nice Christmas gift. I have no idea which one to buy. I am seeing that he probably needs the flex attachment and some wood carving bits to go with it, but I don't know which model dremel to buy. Who knew there were so many different models????

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah, she's managing. Sometimes she gets around OK by herself, and other times I have to help her. I leave a leash clipped to her harness so I can grab it and lead her around if necessary, especially outside. I cut the hand loop off so it wouldn't get caught on anything.

You're a good mom.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Good morning! Cats blankets are in the washer. Coffee is being consumed. Hubby is in the condo with Leroy sitting on a nearby fence post meowing at him. :laugh:

I am going to the neighbor's this morning but I AM going to bake those cookies this afternoon I think.

Anyone know anything about Dremel tools? My son needs one for his sculpturing stuff. He borrowed one for his hand he sculptured out of wood, but I was thinking that might make a nice Christmas gift. I have no idea which one to buy. I am seeing that he probably needs the flex attachment and some wood carving bits to go with it, but I don't know which model dremel to buy. Who knew there were so many different models????

I wish I could help you. I would be lost trying to figure out which one to buy.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hate shopping for stuff like this. I read the reviews and have to wonder how many are posted by the company and how many are real buyers. The ones that have problems....are they because of misuse or a bad product?? Especially, when the same product has all kinds of glowing reviews too.

I may just tell him to buy what he needs and send me the bill! LOL!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    OK, I guess, but I can't get used to the brass flying all over the place and having to stop for 5 minutes to load a mag. I'm just not a pistol girl, I guess. I'm going to sell it.

Well, that may be. It could also be that you just haven't found one you could fall in love with, yet. Might be too soon to tell.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This is his first sculpture piece for school that he did using the borrowed tool. Still needs painted, but I think it turned out well.

He made it so the fingers are attached with screws or something and will move.

It will be holding the grenade he carved to go in it. LOL

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is his first sculpture piece for school that he did using the borrowed tool. Still needs painted, but I think it turned out well.

He made it so the fingers are attached with screws or something and will move.

It will be holding the grenade he carved to go in it. LOL
    That's freaking awesome!!! I can't wIt to see it!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's freaking awesome!!! I can't wIt to see it!!!

I was trying to find his concept drawing of the hand with the grenade but can't seem to find it on his page. I think it turned out pretty nicely for his first attempt at carving anything. He's done leather carving as a kid working with my dad, but never wood.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom