Not open for further replies.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Back from my hospital friend's dinner. Weirdest Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had. Cold deli-style turkey breast, cold ham, bare mashed taters (the kind you buy in a tub), salad, and canned creamed corn. I appreciate the invitation, but it was just strange.:dunno: Now I'm definitely going to have to fix it our way some weekend.

:scratch: That is odd....Happy Thanksgiving, lady sd.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Back from my hospital friend's dinner. Weirdest Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had. Cold deli-style turkey breast, cold ham, bare mashed taters (the kind you buy in a tub), salad, and canned creamed corn. I appreciate the invitation, but it was just strange.:dunno: Now I'm definitely going to have to fix it our way some weekend.
    I'll be your friend. We serve it hot down here. Hello LadySD!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Happy Thanksgiving, Gman! Yeah, just strange. And shrimp cocktail for appetizers. She's very health-conscious and doesn't cook, so that made for a weird combination of foods. The only thing I really missed was dressing. I could make a meal out of just dressing. :)

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Well got the letter back from the ISP the other day... Yea I think... Hmm They don't accept personal checks... Hmmm send back with a money order... Well darn... Change of address... Been meaning to do it...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    :nono: this really comes alive about this time, when I go to bed.

Been home all day... People come... People go... I am thinking of a nap myself... Been up early to help with the fixins. Everything turned out quite well.

We went to my sisters. It was a good time. Ham, Turkey, Stuffing, Green Bean casserole. Bake beans Deviled eggs. Apply pis pumpkin pie cherry pie. and more then I can remember! I'm kind of hurtin...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I got too hot from being tasked to make the gravy. So I didn't eat much because I get sick when I'm hot. Even going outside didn't help. I took a cold coke and put it between my legs and te circulating blood cooled me off. Works under the arms too or I the side of the neck.
    now I'm hungry. I didn't even eat any green beans :(

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    " yeah, I've killed women and children, I've killed about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another, and now I'm here to kill you Ned!" Best western ever!!!!! That William Munny was a badass!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I got too hot from being tasked to make the gravy. So I didn't eat much because I get sick when I'm hot. Even going outside didn't help. I took a cold coke and put it between my legs and te circulating blood cooled me off. Works under the arms too or I the side of the neck.
    now I'm hungry. I didn't even eat any green beans :(

In the restaurant we used to soak bandanas in ice water and then tie them around our necks. You can actually feel the cooler blood circulating. It's a strange sensation, but definitely a welcomed one in a 130 degree kitchen.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In the restaurant we used to soak bandanas in ice water and then tie them around our necks. You can actually feel the cooler blood circulating. It's a strange sensation, but definitely a welcomed one in a 130 degree kitchen.

I used to do that when we were doing outdoor craft shows in the summer also. It really made a difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom