Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. It is extremely annoying. I can see it being that loud in a bar (OK, no, I can't), but at a restaurant people actually like to have conversations. Our local Applebees is the worst. I won't even go in there.

It is the younger crowds that want the loud music. I am a music lover but they want it on and up 24/7............................:(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sucks. I've always shied away from Paras.

I did not do the pencil test although I have one (pencil) in my tool kit. Just spaced it. Spoiled on series 70 stuff I guess.

I had a series of sweet Paras in the early to mid 90's. That were P-12's/14's double stack and we loved them. The last 2 I have owned sucked.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I EDC a Canadian P12 I got in 2000, and aside from having to stretch the springs in a couple of P14 mags, it's been flawless. I picked up a second with a serial # about 1400 different, and as soon as I run a few hundred through it, it'll be backup.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Oops, posted and ran. Had to give Lorelei her eye drops and then take Mom to work.

Going to the vet today with all four dogs for shots, and also having him check Lorelei's eye. The infection is getting better, but she's blind as a bat. I'm leaving a leash attached to her harness to help her around. I cut the loop off the leash so it doesn't get caught on anything. I'm starting to teach her "step up" and "step down".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I EDC a Canadian P12 I got in 2000, and aside from having to stretch the springs in a couple of P14 mags, it's been flawless. I picked up a second with a serial # about 1400 different, and as soon as I run a few hundred through it, it'll be backup.

WE ran 10's of thousands of rounds through our double stacks. The 3 P-12's we had were rotated into EDC between my son and I. They were flawless for the most part save for the spring issue you mentioned. I ran them all across the bench a few years before we went to single stacks exclusively and they were really sweet after that.
    The P-14 limited in stainless I had remains one of my favorite shooter to memory. 15 rds. of .45 ACP is a bit heavy on the hip but I am a large fella.........:)

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    WE ran 10's of thousands of rounds through our double stacks. The 3 P-12's we had were rotated into EDC between my son and I. They were flawless for the most part save for the spring issue you mentioned. I ran them all across the bench a few years before we went to single stacks exclusively and they were really sweet after that.
    The P-14 limited in stainless I had remains one of my favorite shooter to memory. 15 rds. of .45 ACP is a bit heavy on the hip but I am a large fella.........:)

Howdy :oldwise: How have you and the family been?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom