Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, better the border fence than one of the cars.

Wife saw it happen, said she was backing too fast. We had a small "talk" after that. I rode with her yesterday and also corrected another mistake she was making, reexplained that these are the only wheels available to you. You break it, your walking.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Sam.....I told you, a new level of worry and repair.......:)

Least it was a fence and not the neighbors car.....like my son did.

What's kind of funny is that her older sister did exactly the same thing in almost exactly the same place. Except her sister removed the pass mirror in her fight with the fence.

Actually, replacing the mirror would have been an easier repair??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I started my kids driving at around 12 years old. 2 phone books and off to the mall parking lot early Sunday mornings. Drove in all weather conditions. Went into side lots and practiced skids on the ice. When it was time to cut them loose I knew they were capable drivers. Every (to my knowledge) incident they had was another driver screwing up. Had a few but everyone made it.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Because of the way her birthday fell, she had a Learners Permit for 15 months. I know that she is careful as heck on the road, this was just a good lesson to not let your guard down.

After this incident, we are going out tonight to practice backing with just your mirrors.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because of the way her birthday fell, she had a Learners Permit for 15 months. I know that she is careful as heck on the road, this was just a good lesson to not let your guard down.

After this incident, we are going out tonight to practice backing with just your mirrors.

When I met my wife I put her in my Ford custom van as she had several accidents prior to our meeting. The hardest thing for her was using the mirrors. That cost me a rear glass on a Citation. Not cheap but a good lesson. That was her last at fault. It was early 80's. She prefers a full size van over any other vehicle now.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    anyone know why when you park like 7 spaces away from everyone else at a store. when you come back out atleast one or two people have parked next to you? i seriously dont understand this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom