• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Everything here is a mess right now. Last week a guy fell and ended up dying from his injuries, so everyone is afraid to do anything that might be considered unsafe. Management stated that we can't be on anything without being tied off per osha regs, but, the problem is, there is nothing that is osha approved to tie off to on top of the machines. Result? All kinds of machines sitting idle, waiting to be fixed...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Everything here is a mess right now. Last week a guy fell and ended up dying from his injuries, so everyone is afraid to do anything that might be considered unsafe. Management stated that we can't be on anything without being tied off per osha regs, but, the problem is, there is nothing that is osha approved to tie off to on top of the machines. Result? All kinds of machines sitting idle, waiting to be fixed...

Man that sucks. I was fortunate to have good training when I was younger and I realize when something is unsafe.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    We have double tether harnesses at work. They're kind of nice when you have to climb out of a basket lift, and onto a crane catwalk. But we only have to use them when we're in the lift.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We have those too. Just nothing to hook them to. The problem is where the guy fell and where we need to work is apples and oranges. Yes, we're 15-20 feet off the ground, but it's not a straight fall. We would fall and end up landing on something within five feet...

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    My daughter used to work in a clean room. She enjoyed it until the company went under.

Yes, I loved my job and the people I worked with - except the few who left in the middle of working and didn't say why. I hope I can find another factory job. From what I have heard one of the boss's sons were going to try and start up the business again or something like that.

BTW the boss's wife had cancer and she was getting worse that's why they let the business go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom