See...I did it again.:D

trash.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    <sigh>

I've listed my 870 and ammo for sale. Kind of sad, I like the gun, and think it's neat. But, I'm the only one in the family who can use it, and frankly I've enjoyed having a shotgun more than I thought I would. Only time I've ever really used them was as a patrol weapon, and this was intended to be primarily a fighting gun. But, I've enjoyed shooting it at the range, enjoyed hunting with it, and would like to try trap and sporting clays. This gun can be used for all the above, but except as a fighting gun it's limited for the other uses. I was just going to buy a field barrel, and enjoy the versatility of a shotgun, but neither Cathy nor Sean can use the 12ga well.

Cathy and I have also decided to consolidate our carry guns to a common type, and we both liked the Glock 19 and 26. This will make mags, ammo, and spare parts easier to stock on, and the Glock is easy to work on.

Once the 870 is gone and I've got a Glock, I'll sell my Ruger and holsters, and get a Mossberg 500 20ga field gun. Decided on the Mossberg because it matches Sean's little Bantam Youth 500. Again, this will allow us to consolidate ammo to one gauge to stock, consolidate spare parts, and provide us with two shotguns everybody in the house can use. I'll buy a shorter barrel to use on the gun as a home defense gun.

We'll save and get another Glock to match the first, and another shotgun so we all three have one eventually.

So, selling the 870 makes sense from a practical standpoint, but I'll miss it. It's kind of nice to have a gun that isn't like all the others out there, and there simply isn't a better short range fighting gun made, IMHO.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    How's it going Pdubs?

I just got back from a great evening/night @ the range. What a way to end a monday!

IJ my prayers are being added right now for you and your family.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    And I own the page.....:rockwoot:.It must have been meant to be........that is until the wife gets home and I tell her that a simple trip topick up a couple boxes of ammo turned into yet another gun in the house......

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Out of curiosity, I asked at work today about the possibility of transferring to a different department. I was told they wouldn't consider it because I'm the biggest producer in my current department. WTF!!!

Thats how it goes. I wanted a transfer once and was told that I'll never leave where I'm at because I produce double what the other guys do. it was a starting position and I didnt want to spend the rest of my time there training noobs so I told them I wanted a raise..they transfered me when I asked for the raise:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom