• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've been keeping my eyes open for a gun smaller and lighter than my full size 1911 (I know, that's most handguns, right?) that I could use for deep concealment as well as jogging carry. I'm holding out for a $200 deal. I'd like to stick with .45 ACP or .40SW since I have guns in those calibers already and would like to avoid needing a new caliber at this time (basically, for financial reasons), but if I find out that just won't happen, I'll go the 9mm/.380 route.

Think I'll be able to find something like that at the 1500? This would be my first one, but I'm still not sure if I'll be going.

I know.. I know.. gun talk in the break room, but I know you guys would probably have some experience at 1500s and what is available there.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I've been keeping my eyes open for a gun smaller and lighter than my full size 1911 (I know, that's most handguns, right?) that I could use for deep concealment as well as jogging carry. I'm holding out for a $200 deal. I'd like to stick with .45 ACP or .40SW since I have guns in those calibers already and would like to avoid needing a new caliber at this time (basically, for financial reasons), but if I find out that just won't happen, I'll go the 9mm/.380 route.

Think I'll be able to find something like that at the 1500? This would be my first one, but I'm still not sure if I'll be going.

I know.. I know.. gun talk in the break room, but I know you guys would probably have some experience at 1500s and what is available there.

Your budget makes things a bit more difficult. I really haven't paid too much attention to the used guns at the show but you might get lucky.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Your budget makes things a bit more difficult. I really haven't paid too much attention to the used guns at the show but you might get lucky.

Can't hurt to go walk around and look at stuff, eh? +1 reason to go this weekend.

Youd be better off trolling the classifieds or settling with a revolver with that budget. :twocents:

Ha- yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on the C-fieds. There are some listings that are *close* to my budget for what I want, one or two that are in my budget but different calibers, and some are just so far away...

I've thought about going with a revolver anyway. Sigh... I dunno.:dunno:

I'm not really pressed to get one "NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW". The 1911 is workable for running, and it isn't so warm yet that I need a deeper concealment pistol.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Can't hurt to go walk around and look at stuff, eh? +1 reason to go this weekend.

Ha- yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on the C-fieds. There are some listings that are *close* to my budget for what I want, one or two that are in my budget but different calibers, and some are just so far away...

I've thought about going with a revolver anyway. Sigh... I dunno.:dunno:

I'm not really pressed to get one "NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW". The 1911 is workable for running, and it isn't so warm yet that I need a deeper concealment pistol.

Money not being an object, what gun would you think fits your need?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Money not being an object, what gun would you think fits your need?

I've kinda been eying the Taurus PT140/145. The 709/PT111 wouldn't be bad either, but they're 9mm and I'm kinda trying to stick to 40/45 if I can work it.

Other options on the table would probably be something like a KT P11, Bersa Thunder, or Ruger LCP. That size.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I've kinda been eying the Taurus PT140/145. The 709/PT111 wouldn't be bad either, but they're 9mm and I'm kinda trying to stick to 40/45 if I can work it.

Other options on the table would probably be something like a KT P11, Bersa Thunder, or Ruger LCP. That size.

My wife has the Bersa Thunder.380 and my daughter who is 18 has the Bersa Thunder. 380 CC.

I carry my Springfield Armory LW Champion Operator year round.
    In some instances though the Bersa's would be easier to carry.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Dexter Season 2

Season two is awesome. I'm sending back the first disc of season three, tomorrow.

Working my way through season 2 now. It's crazy man! I'm on ep 9 right now. I'm still trying to figure out how in the world he is going to avoid capture from Lundy and the FBI!

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    wow! I couldnt even get caught up on this thread...I read about 6-7 pages then quit. you guys have some sort of whore competition last night?

I'm buying a GIANT revolver in a couple of days. this mofro has a 12" bbl and weighs almost 3#:draw::rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    wow! I couldnt even get caught up on this thread...I read about 6-7 pages then quit. you guys have some sort of whore competition last night?

I know, right?!?!? And now I'm up again and they couldn't even go more than 5posts! :laugh: Watch though, I'll come back from my shower and wife's doctor's appt. and there'll be another 12 pages or something. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Interview went well, going to call me back in two weeks.
    Applied in early January, and they're still not sure if they need someone, but I think I presented myself rather well.

I'm almost excited.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    he might be trying to pee that stone out!!!

stock-photo-toilet-room-problem-14723410.jpg

He has had that thing so long he should give it a name!

Gee from what I've heard, SE's wife has him peeing like this now^^^
    and it does have a name, it's Junior, SE Jr.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom